Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SD card contents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: SD card contents Reply with quote

I believe that the contents on my SD card is corrupt, were can I download the original contents of the SD card so it can boot?

thanks
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be able to extract them from an OS install zip file but don't know.

Have you checked the contents of the SD card yet. You can connect the M3 to a PC and boot the M3 in storage mode. Press and hold SEQ and EXIT and power on the M3. Now the M3 SD card should show up on the PC.

This post has a list of files that should be on the card...
https://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12550
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contents of the card I can see just by inserting it to my PC, but I am sure someone made a backup of the card before upgrading to the last version? I need the files so I can recopy them to the SD card, anyone out there?

thanks
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: sd card size?? in mb or gb?? Reply with quote

sd card size?? in mb or gb??
can we put in larger gb cards in these units??
or do we have to stay with the oem card??
and what size of mb or gb is the factory card??
not sure on the unit that just arrived if it has been changed??
or if it is factory...
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original M3 has a 512MB card and the XP has 1GB. The 1GB card has enough space for the additional samples that came with the XP update. If you have the smaller card you will have to store the additional samples on a USB stick and load them from there.

You can upgrade to a larger card and store the additional XP samples there if you want. It requires some disassembly and the only thing you can put on it is the extra Korg samples so it's not really worth the effort.

If you want to upgrade from 512MB to 1GB here's a link for the procedure...

http://karma-lab.wikidot.com/korg-m3:expanding-the-internal-sd-card-to-2-gbyte
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: so is 2 gb the max you can use?? Reply with quote

so is 2 gb the max you can use??
or can you go larger??
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many older devices will not recognize larger SD cards. I'm not sure but I don't think the M3 will support larger cards. You can't make use of the extra storage anyway so just use a 1GB or 2GB card.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: i ordered a better sd card Reply with quote

i ordered a better sd card...
yea 2 gb..
I saw on the other site that looked like the way to go...
wish they could use a real large sdhc card on the m3m...

if I under stand this
you can only load just so much data at a time right??
was thinking of a 2.5 ssd external for the usb..
then you could have the big hd sample library that you could load from...
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put your own samples on the external drive so that's the way to go. But remember, the M3 only has 128meg of sample memory built in. You can add another 256 meg bringing it up to 384 meg but that is the final limit that you can load at a time.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: is the m3m usb port powered?? Reply with quote

is the m3m usb port powered??
or enough power to use one of those small Seagate usb3 portable drives??
could remote mount that with Velcro under the side covers..
out of the way too!!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB port is powered but I have had trouble with hard disks in the past. The port did not provide enough power so I had to connect it to a powered USB hub.

Another issue I had with a hard disk was that it goes into sleep mode after a while and the M3 stopped recognizing it. But there is a menu command to rescan USB devices to wake it up. You shouldn't have that problem with USB sticks or SSD drives.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: ssd should be the best for sure for the m3m Reply with quote

ssd should be the best for sure for the m3m.
they have them in small now, so should be super for large file storage.

did the radias have the same type of feature too??
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RADIAS has a USB connector for connection to a PC for use with the editor software. I don't believe is has USB data ports.
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow, thanks! for all the replies, I got the files from a friend but it turned out to be a hardware problem, the moderator of this site can delete this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: