Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOD7 is a Powerfull Engine - Best of all Free DX7 Voices
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LorenKronos73

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: MOD7 is a Powerfull Engine - Best of all Free DX7 Voices Reply with quote

Hello Oasys & Kronos friends,

After more than 8 months of work, i release the Complete DX2MOD7...
This pack is a collections of the best Voices ever released for the Yamaha DX Family Synths!!!!

Some details on the task.. I downloaded all the free voices "100.000 Voices for DX7" after that i began to find them original release names and voice list,
repacked them by brand and artist, Loaded every voices to my DX7 MKI and my TX7 Module.. and then converted them to OASYS MOD7 Format... The last step was to recreate Banks of 128 patch!!!!

So every .PGC Files are 128 PATCHES!!!!!

So there is 88 Banks of 128 Sounds (apart favorites is not completed)
So It is near than 11264 voices!!!!

I didn't change any programs.. no fx and sorry no category instruments...

I hope you will enjoy the power of the MOD7 Engine ...Love my OASYS!!!!!

First i would like to thanks all the DX7 Programmers from the 80'S ... they have done such beautiful voices from FM Synth... !!!!

Second, these voices were free to download so keep them like that and respect people who created them ....

Third, These voices were all released for our Great Oasys Users to continue to enjoy this NB'1 Workstation... of course they are compatible with the Kronos .. So all you guys can enjoy them!!!!

I post a Dropbox Link: (Updated Link 08/10/2017)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6dvbsw9xeloneq/DX2MOD-7%20v2.zip?dl=0
Cheers my friends!!!

Loren Wink

Last edited by LorenKronos73 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the work you did.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thank you! It's pretty cool MOD7 reads DX7 files but it was no fun looking for patches in hundreds of different un-browsable sysex files!
LorenKronos73

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!!

I hope you will like the voices..

Loren
fjs714

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for everyones hard work.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
fjs714

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Loren,
I'm having difficulty downloading from Dropbox. I get the message that it cant download because of a possible virus or spyware. Is there another way to download them?
Thanks Frank
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much ... Some time ago I had the idea to support copy/paste DX7 sysex files to PCG files with PCG Tools, but I was not allowed to.

If I have more time I will try (or someone else?) to add all those 86 banks into one big Virtual bank file, so it will be very easy to copy/paste to PCG files for the Kronos, and also to search through all programs.

I'm thinking ... I think there are only 64 virtual banks (and about 24 normal program banks). Maybe I should make an even bigger virtual banks file with 128 virtual banks, or even better: with a user definable number of virtual bankis.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fjs714

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Loren,
Got your PM and was able to download. Thanks
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Thank you very much ... Some time ago I had the idea to support copy/paste DX7 sysex files to PCG files with PCG Tools, but I was not allowed to.

Why were you now allowed?

Sounds like a great idea to me.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

I also thought it was a good idea, but for the conversion I needed more documentation and probably due to legal/copyright/brand reasons I could not have access to the documents (conversion between DX7 parameters and Kronos MOD-7 parameters).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
media-igor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: MOD7 is a Powerfull Engine - Best of all Free DX7 Voices Reply with quote

This is the same library - have been converted for Kronos:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/J5pT/hfcjCn7sw
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

I also thought it was a good idea, but for the conversion I needed more documentation and probably due to legal/copyright/brand reasons I could not have access to the documents (conversion between DX7 parameters and Kronos MOD-7 parameters).

Just curious, did anybody specifically not allow this. If the format details are public, and you use your own intellectual expertise to do the mapping, then I don't see any issue. I speak as somebody who has converters between Dx7 and FS1r (using the FS1r voice edit buffer capabilities, but extending it to do DX7/DX7II Bulk dump files - including performances for DX7II), DX7/DX7II to SY77 and AN1x to EX5. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Just curious, did anybody specifically not allow this. If the format details are public, and you use your own intellectual expertise to do the mapping, then I don't see any issue. I speak as somebody who has converters between Dx7 and FS1r (using the FS1r voice edit buffer capabilities, but extending it to do DX7/DX7II Bulk dump files - including performances for DX7II), DX7/DX7II to SY77 and AN1x to EX5. Smile

It was not that I was not allowed, but I could not get the necessary documentation (or at least to make it easier).

The format details are not public (at least not to me, if anyone knows, please let me know). I could probably do it manually but it would take an enormous amount of time (analyzing all parameters independently by differing files between DX7 and Kronos). And I have very limited free time anyway, so I can better spend it to other features for PCG Tools instead.

fjs714

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lorenz,
Sorry to be a pest. There were tow main folders (67.2 mb and 2,504 kb)
I really don't want to do a LOAD ALL onto my Oasys. Is there a way to download a few sounds at a time to audition them?
Thanks Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: