Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOD7 is a Powerfull Engine - Best of all Free DX7 Voices
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Posts: 1092
Location: Wales, UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Thank you very much ... Some time ago I had the idea to support copy/paste DX7 sysex files to PCG files with PCG Tools, but I was not allowed to.


Why were you now allowed?

Sounds like a great idea to me.


I also thought it was a good idea, but for the conversion I needed more documentation and probably due to legal/copyright/brand reasons I could not have access to the documents (conversion between DX7 parameters and Kronos MOD-7 parameters).


Just curious, did anybody specifically not allow this. If the format details are public, and you use your own intellectual expertise to do the mapping, then I don't see any issue. I speak as somebody who has converters between Dx7 and FS1r (using the FS1r voice edit buffer capabilities, but extending it to do DX7/DX7II Bulk dump files - including performances for DX7II), DX7/DX7II to SY77 and AN1x to EX5. Smile


It was not that I was not allowed, but I could not get the necessary documentation (or at least to make it easier).

The format details are not public (at least not to me, if anyone knows, please let me know). I could probably do it manually but it would take an enormous amount of time (analyzing all parameters independently by differing files between DX7 and Kronos). And I have very limited free time anyway, so I can better spend it to other features for PCG Tools instead.


All you need to do is find the DX7 manuals from the Yamaha Manual Library. They contain all the SYSEX details. Pretty much all of the available DX7 files are 32 voice bulk dump files and quite easy to follow. You see the occasional Voice Edit Buffer sysex dumps for single voices. Things are a little more complex for the DX7II as you have the DX7 dump and then additional DX7II parameters as another SYSEX message.

I know what you mean about having the time! Smile I have done so little on my x.factory librarians recently due to severe lack of time and because of prioritisation on doing some music! Smile
_________________
Derek Cook - Java Developer



Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Akos Janca
Platinum Member


Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 1155
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Loren,

Thank you very much for your work.

Akos
_________________
AkosJanca.com | Facebook | YouTube | SoundCloud | FuturePlant || OASYS-demos | nanoROCK demo | Korg Band in the Garage demo | Kronos Demo 1 | Kronos Demo 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9047
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Thank you very much ... Some time ago I had the idea to support copy/paste DX7 sysex files to PCG files with PCG Tools, but I was not allowed to.


Why were you now allowed?

Sounds like a great idea to me.


I also thought it was a good idea, but for the conversion I needed more documentation and probably due to legal/copyright/brand reasons I could not have access to the documents (conversion between DX7 parameters and Kronos MOD-7 parameters).


Just curious, did anybody specifically not allow this. If the format details are public, and you use your own intellectual expertise to do the mapping, then I don't see any issue. I speak as somebody who has converters between Dx7 and FS1r (using the FS1r voice edit buffer capabilities, but extending it to do DX7/DX7II Bulk dump files - including performances for DX7II), DX7/DX7II to SY77 and AN1x to EX5. Smile


It was not that I was not allowed, but I could not get the necessary documentation (or at least to make it easier).

The format details are not public (at least not to me, if anyone knows, please let me know). I could probably do it manually but it would take an enormous amount of time (analyzing all parameters independently by differing files between DX7 and Kronos). And I have very limited free time anyway, so I can better spend it to other features for PCG Tools instead.


All you need to do is find the DX7 manuals from the Yamaha Manual Library. They contain all the SYSEX details. Pretty much all of the available DX7 files are 32 voice bulk dump files and quite easy to follow. You see the occasional Voice Edit Buffer sysex dumps for single voices. Things are a little more complex for the DX7II as you have the DX7 dump and then additional DX7II parameters as another SYSEX message.

I know what you mean about having the time! Smile I have done so little on my x.factory librarians recently due to severe lack of time and because of prioritisation on doing some music! Smile


Thank you Derek for this information ... maybe I will blow new life in this feature, on the other hand, since now all patches have been put into PCG files, maybe it's not that useful anymore.
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LorenKronos73



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Master Akos and my friends,

I am very pleased that you all enjoyed this Greats Sounds!!!!

If any of you spend the time to listen to them you will understand that there is almost everykind of sounds and some very special ones!!!

I tooks me so much time to convert and rearrange them in PCG Files (128 Patches.. apart some of them!!) for each bank.

I am now working on categories of each and it will take me sometime to finish it!!!

Kronos users: You don't need to convert them to Kronos format because the Kronos system read all of them ( i had read that someone, a kronos user - media-igor, has done that and was proud of him... waste of time!!!!)

Oasys users: You have got a beautifull instruments ... Enjoy the power of MOD7 it is a gift!!! There is so many sounds and they complete all we always needed to...

Thanks to you all,

And don't forget to continue to play this Great instrument and enjoy the Magic of Music

Thanks to the kronoscopie site for being so supporting and professional!!!!!!

Thanks you so much michelkeijzers for your great Free editor!!!!

Cheers!!

Loren
_________________
Oasys 76
DX7, TX7
Logic X, Rme FF UC


Last edited by LorenKronos73 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
media-igor
Senior Member


Joined: 30 May 2014
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorenKronos73 wrote:
Hello Master Akos and my friends,

I am very pleased that you all enjoyed this Greats Sounds!!!!

If any you spend the time to listen to them you will understand that there is almost everykind of sounds and some very special ones!!!

I tooks me so much time to convert and rearrange them in PCG Files (128 Patches.. apart some of them!!) for each bank.

I am now working on categories of each and it will take me sometime to finish it!!!

Kronos users: You don't need to convert them to Kronos format because the Kronos system read all of them ( i had read that someone, a kronos user - media-igor, has done that and was proud of him... waste of time!!!!)

Oasys users: You have got a beautifull instruments ... Enjoy the power of MOD7 it is a gift!!! There is so many sounds and they complete all we always needed to...

Thanks to you all,

And don't forget to continue to play this Great instrument and enjoy the Magic of Music

Thanks to the kronoscopie site for being so supporting and professional!!!!!!

Thanks you so much michelkeijzers for your great Free editor!!!!

Cheers!!

Loren


Hello LorenKronos73! Thank you for your work!
I made the conversion to KRONOS order to be able to use PCGTools. To be able to work with libraries. If different formats PCG (such as OASYS and Kronos), it can not be copied from one PCG - in another!

I recommend you use the programs and PCGTools TidyKRONOS. This will ease your work!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LorenKronos73



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!

Have a nice day..

Loren
_________________
Oasys 76
DX7, TX7
Logic X, Rme FF UC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pedja
Senior Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2013
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Loren,
For your great share. I am happy that you are here again. It is a sign that music is stronger than anything. Hope that you don't forget me. Wish you all best.
_________________
Pedja
______________________________________
Kronos X73, Kurzweil PC3LE8
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
_______________________________________
My CG Galleries: http://www.submit.manscostyle.com/artist_ver.php?id_art=59&&id_cuadro=502
http://www.museumofcomputerart.com/autogallery2013/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2015/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
media-igor
Senior Member


Joined: 30 May 2014
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorenKronos73 - thanks again for your work!

Could not you explain - what is meant by the names of folders:

- DX 2 (synth?)
- AVIC?
- BIAS?
- DMC?
- FAVORITE (this is your favorite?)
- GreyM E!? (GM!)
- JMJ Tribute (Jean-Michel Jarre?). SPACEJMJ.PCG - group SPACE?
- MUSIC DATA?
- PA-DECODER? (PA-HYDRA? PA-MONST?)
- SONUSC64?
- SOUND SOURCE (ROM-128.PCG? UNLIMITD.PCG)
- SOUNDSATION!
- SUPERMAX (group SUPERMAX?)
- SYNTECH?
- YAMAHA (DX7-PLG? DX7-VRC? DXFM-FC?)?

Do you have a ready PCG with categories / subcategories programs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LorenKronos73



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I already explained it on the Kronos Branch:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99580

About PCG with categories / subcategories programs.. all it is about time Smile

Maybe in the near future Smile

Cheers!

Loren
_________________
Oasys 76
DX7, TX7
Logic X, Rme FF UC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbrkr
Platinum Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 635
Location: Tampa, FL, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: MOD7 is a Powerfull Engine - Best of all Free DX7 Voices Reply with quote

LorenKronos73 wrote:
Hello Oasys & Kronos friends,

After more than 8 months of work, i release the Complete DX2MOD7...
This pack is a collections of the best Voices ever released for the Yamaha DX Family Synths!!!!

Some details on the task.. I downloaded all the free voices "100.000 Voices for DX7" after that i began to find them original release names and voice list,
repacked them by brand and artist, Loaded every voices to my DX7 MKI and my TX7 Module.. and then converted them to OASYS MOD7 Format... The last step was to recreate Banks of 128 patch!!!!

So every .PGC Files are 128 PATCHES!!!!!

So there is 88 Banks of 128 Sounds (apart favorites is not completed)
So It is near than 11264 voices!!!!

I didn't change any programs.. no fx and sorry no category instruments...

I hope you will enjoy the power of the MOD7 Engine ...Love my OASYS!!!!!

First i would like to thanks all the DX7 Programmers from the 80'S ... they have done such beautiful voices from FM Synth... !!!!

Second, these voices were free to download so keep them like that and respect people who created them ....

Third, These voices were all released for our Great Oasys Users to continue to enjoy this NB'1 Workstation... of course they are compatible with the Kronos .. So all you guys can enjoy them!!!!

I post a Dropbox Link: (so please put them on KorgPatches.com) thanks!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/72df2mejhzf781y/DX2MOD-7.zip?dl=0

Cheers my friends!!!

Loren Very Happy



Can anyone send me this PCG file? It is no longer hosted on DropBox. I have a great need for DX7 sounds for some performances coming up.

Thanks
Al
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fallingman
Full Member


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Posts: 115
Location: Chelmsford, UK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: MOD7 is a Powerfull Engine - Best of all Free DX7 Voices Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:



Can anyone send me this PCG file? It is no longer hosted on DropBox. I have a great need for DX7 sounds for some performances coming up.

Thanks
Al


Hi Al

Did you have any joy getting hold of this PCG file?
_________________
Andy

Studio Gear: Korg OASYS 88 #001907 ~ Korg Triton Extreme 61 ~ Roland SH-201 ~ Studiologic Sledge 2.5 ~ Roland D-05 ~ REASON 8.0 ~ Arturia V Collection 6 ~ Logic Pro X ~ iPhone 7S Plus ~ iPad Air 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
street
Junior Member


Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I love the pack that you made, thank you very much for all your effort!

I've been wondering though, I would like to edit some of the banks in .syx in Dexed (and import back to the Kronos).

I can't seem to find the original banks you have in /Yamaha/DX7-PLG

Can you help me locate the .syx files for those? maybe you could kindly upload it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VGSoundtrackGuy



Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please re-upload this?
_________________
www.vgsgmusic.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LorenKronos73



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6dvbsw9xeloneq/DX2MOD-7%20v2.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!
_________________
Oasys 76
DX7, TX7
Logic X, Rme FF UC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VGSoundtrackGuy



Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorenKronos73 wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6dvbsw9xeloneq/DX2MOD-7%20v2.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!


Do you happen to have this in sysex format or only PCG?
_________________
www.vgsgmusic.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group