Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Korg Poll for KROSS users
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your age, and do you primarily use your KROSS in live performance, or in the studio/at home? (Please answer only if you own or use a KROSS).
17 or younger, Live Performance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
17 or younger, Studio or Home
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
18-25, Live Performance
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
18-25, Studio or Home
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
26-34, Live Performance
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
26-34, Studio or Home
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
35-44, Live Performance
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
35-44, Studio or Home
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
45-54, Live Performance
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
45-54, Studio or Home
21%
 21%  [ 10 ]
55 and up, Live Performance
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
55 and up, Studio or Home
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 47

KorgKhet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Korg Kross use Reply with quote

Old post, but..
I chose the Kross 2 because:
1. Portability, I can even bring it on a plane.
2. Lightweight, tired of carrying heavy keybs in my age...
3. Sounds are good enough compared to price/weight. (pianos in my EMU E64 are way better, but the sampler is heavy....
4. I can make music directly on it, for backing as a one man band, or composing.
If I did not have to carry it around, I would have chosen the Krome or Grand ...
And, I have never liked the sound of Roland and Yamahas..... Smile
Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own one yet, so didn't vote, but it's on my "to buy" list.

One thing I would love to see, in the format of Kross: rompler dedicated to synth sounds. Something like Arturia did with their "lab" series, only in the Korg rompler way. With sequencer and knobs, yet not too many. Thank you for reading this, Korg representative! Very Happy
SuperKons

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked "Live performance", but my Kross 88 is integral part of my home studio, as well
wladymeer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking to buy Kross 2 and was lets say 90% determined to do it. However that euforia dropped below 50% after I tried it for an hour or two in local store and got next conclusion
- Could be Triton successor
- It's not Triton successor. Why?

Sad No numerical patch choosing, even though there are 16 pads that could be used) - it could use 1-10 along with 11 for 10's hold toggle though - why this didn't happen - don't have a F* clue - so happy navigating between 511 user patches and turning knob as a weirdo
Sad Octave switch with knob cuts sound completely.
Rolling Eyes Reverb/delay effects available as MFX2 only - MFX1/IFX have only 110ms delay and this sucks big time for me. I don't even understand the reason... what, reverb + longer delay (suitable for lead sounds) is just that CPU-heavy?

Those isuses could be solved with OS update but I highly doubt that company as big as KORG will bother to fix such things. Not to mention that shift + page+/- could be used for key transpose shortcut or shift + dial could dial patches +10 rather than +1.

And I find it a pity - if those issues could be handled and could replace old Triton for many users especially because of lightweight design that was most appealing to me. But... playing something that cuts sound completely on octave up/down or not having an option to use different reverbs/delays (as IFX) or having delay + reverb (MFX1 & 2) is just wrong in 2018.

However with those limitations, KROSS will be more single-timbre based synth and it's fine, but in that case, price should be even lower.

PS - I forgot to try changing octaves while drum track is playing - could someone test this out to me and tell if the drum track stops as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: