Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma or Program Crescendo Diminuendo for accordion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vstkeys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Karma or Program Crescendo Diminuendo for accordion Reply with quote

Hi there
Just wondering if there is a way of programing a crescendo and diminuendo on sound ( not sequencing ) . The sound I am trying to perfect is an accordion sample. I want to emulate the bellows when the accordion is sustaining a chord/note, the real instrument produces a subtle crescendo and diminuendo with the gentle opening and closing.
I figured out how to make the attack softer using the filer but the volume only goes up in steps, not very smooth. Just wondering if there is a way using karma or if as anyone thought of that trick yet
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would personally use an expression pedal or perhaps a breath controller if you have one.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want it to happen on every note, then I would just program the amplitude envelope to do it. The filter/attack is not really where you want to go. Smile

Otherwise, if you want more control over it, an expression pedal or breath controller as was suggested is the way to go.

carlotta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guys does a good job emulating an accordion with a breath controller (starts at 1:52 in the video)...

https://youtu.be/fQNvPqnRBWw?t=1m52s

vstkeys

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all the help guys!!
I looked at the breath controle but as I sing and play that would've been imposible. I also had a look at a breath controller usb that works with a pedal, just got me wondering if that would work on the kronos.

Oh Also another question, maybe I should open anothet thread but ......is it possible to have the filter alternating accoringlly to velocity so that the sound can get from normal (bypass) to mellow/dark?

I tried a few different filter settings but only makes my accordion sound weird like a synthsizer
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably because an accordion doesn't really do that. Or only very slightly. Keep the resonance low and the range very small.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: