Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Legacy Collection Authorization + Windows 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tricky2015

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Korg Legacy Collection Authorization + Windows 10 Reply with quote

I have previously installed and authorized the Korg Legacy Collection on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Pro 64Bit. I have recently done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64Bit and re-installed all software. When I came to authorize the KLC software the License Authorization text box that appears just contains unreadable gibberish....little squares and blocks instead of letters and numbers.
Has anyone seen this and more importantly can anyone suggest a solution.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's updated to win 10 yet, so new.

Check this site for the compatibilty list and ask support when it'll updated:
www.korguser.net
Tricky2015

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After posting the above I upgraded to the latest AMD Graphics driver, re-downloaded the latest release of KLC(same versions as I had tried previously) and then installed them.
The problem appears to have resolved itself. Not sure what fixed it, possibly the graphics driver.
smithoid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same sort of problem here. Everything activated and working correctly on a clean install of Windows 10.... then I updated graphics drivers. Now everything is de-registered and the activation form pops up every time I launch a synth. I would re-register the synths but the pop-up box consists a row of squares rather characters so I cannot proceed. Not sure I can (or want to) downgrade my video drivers.
Help!!! Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
msdos622wasfun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, new user here. The same thing happened to me yesterday. I purchased the Legacy Collection and began attempting to install it. I have an Intel rig with a GTX 970 graphics card. But the license authorization dialog box displayed nothing but little squares and squiggly characters.

I got around the issue by also running the installer on my Asus T300 Chi 2-in-1, but only far enough that I could make out what the dialog box was saying (the problem did not manifest on my Asus). So on my Intel rig, I just walked through the process, clicking on the correct buttons (even though I couldn't read them), eventually copying and pasting the license code for each plug-in, and I was able to get it to work.

Makes me wonder if it's a video-related problem or a Windows 10 problem, because I'm running Windows 10 on both machines.
eightyeightkeys

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new Asus Win 10 laptop/Cubase Pro8.5....Korg legacy collection constantly requires authorizations. I must have "successfully authorized" them 5 times now and still don't have them authorized.
xcomboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Easy Workaround For The Unreadable Registration Program Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, I'm a new user, an amateur who composes for relaxation only.
I too was confronted with the unreadable text in the Korg Legacy Collection registration screens Using Windows 10. I'm pretty sure it's just an unrecognized Font issue. All the necessary fields seem to be there. So I just ran with that idea and it works. I've installed and re-registered all the Synths now.
Here's what to do: (The second time through it's easy!)
0. If you already have a Synth installed and the first unreadable registration window is open, you can skip to step 3.
1. Do an uninstall and a new install of one individual Synth.
2. Run the Synth. Two windows will pop up. One to set the Audio and MIDI, and the unreadable registration screen.
3. On the first unreadable window there is a text box and two (purple) buttons below. Ignore the box and click the larger, left button.
4. The next unreadable window has a box, two check-spaces, and two buttons. Ignore most of it and just click the top purple button.
5. The third and final unreadable window has a small box, a large box, and four buttons. Click the large, upper button, (don't close the program.)
6. That takes you to the Legacy Collection registration Web page. On the right column, click the "Re-Issue License Code" button.
7. Choose the Synth you're registering from the pull-down menu. Your locking code should already be in the space below. Click "Next" a couple of time and confirm.
8. Your new Registration Code should appear in big red type. Highlight and Ctrl-C (copy) the code.
9. Minimize the webpage to reveal the unreadable registration screen you left on your desktop.
10. Ctrl-V (Paste) the new code in the BIG box. DON'T WORRY that you can't read it! (See? It's a Font issue.)
11. Click the MIDDLE button at the bottom and it should come back as activated. Ta-Da! Lather-Rinse-Repeat for the other Legacy Synths.

I was Very Relieved when this worked. I hope it works for you guys, too.
Be happy,
Jeff
Flux Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this information. It worked for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: