Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Havian 30 Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevedoz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Music stand Reply with quote

Would love to see how you have done this... "I have built my own stand that sits behind the keyboard and gives me a place to hold other music books"
Odanster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I am not much of a carpenter but I just made it from black coated chipboard cut to the same height as the keyboard and put the music stand on it and added some bookends.
I have posted some pictures here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rLr2gFrwJzo6Exvckme7GsRDGUbxN-1LKsPDUQtOOMw/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000

[/img]

Last edited by Odanster on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Odanster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Song list for Havian 30? Reply with quote

tkarlmann wrote:
I cannot find a listing for the songs in the Havian 30. Is there such a list in a pdf file? Thanks!

I checked through the 800 page manual and there isn't a list but on page 723 there are instructions on how to export the song list to a txt file.
I have created a text file of the list of songs in the songbook and there are only 300 songs.
Stevedoz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odanster wrote:
Thanks, I am not much of a carpenter but I just made it from black coated chipboard cut to the same height as the keyboard and put the music stand on it and added some bookends.
I have posted some pictures here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rLr2gFrwJzo6Exvckme7GsRDGUbxN-1LKsPDUQtOOMw/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000

[/img]

Cheers. Good stuff...
Finally got to see and have a go on the havian locally. The people were very friendly but pretty clueless. Had a very odd experience though. Their machine was damaged anyway but otherwise I had a real problem with the pianos. Other sounds were excellent, as were the styles. But the pianos were so bad that I think there must have been something wrong.
Shame as I have no chance to try another locally or even compare it with something similar. Will have to hold fire for now... Sad
Odanster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised you would say that about the piano sounds. I have compared them to my daughter's acoustic Kawai and to me they sound pretty close. But piano sounds can be a subjective thing as from piano to piano they can sound different.

Last edited by Odanster on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevedoz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odanster wrote:
Surprised you would say that about the piano sounds. I have compared them to my daughter's acoustic Kawai and to me they sound pretty close. But piano sounds can be a subjective thing as from piano to piano they can sound different.
Have a look at my other daughter playing the keyboard on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqHHn_jvjhQ

It was recorded using an iPad just using its microphone.

Thanks - I'll have a look. The odd thing as that when I have listened to the odd video on youtube, it all looks and sounds great. Ideal for what I am looking for.
But just the piano sounds sounded like there was something genuinely wrong with the instrument, as there was lots of background noise, buzzing, crackling etc. and the sounds were very muffled indeed.
The problem is there is nowhere else near I can try one, and I am very reluctant to get one without a good try first.
Do you find the build quality good

Many thanks
Odanster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, build quality seems good as it is made of metal, not plastic like some other brands. Some people have complained that the volume controls and joystick seem flimsy but they are okay to me. So far the keys have been very quiet but we will see how they go with the way my daughter plays!
Stevedoz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odanster wrote:
Yes, build quality seems good as it is made of metal, not plastic like some other brands. Some people have complained that the volume controls and joystick seem flimsy but they are okay to me. So far the keys have been very quiet but we will see how they go with the way my daughter plays!

Sounds good to me... I've found a place that will do a good bundle deal and will deliver free and, if you decide you don't want it within the usual returns period, will collect it for free too. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to order this week.
Thanks for your replies, and nice playing of the Harry Potter...
Cheers
amandahkj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Korg Havian 30 Music Stand Reply with quote

I got one of these that came with the stand (unassembled) and unfortunately no instructions or manual. I searched online for info on how to put it together properly and can't find any diagrams. Any PDFs on this? It's not in the KORG user manuals I found online.
Odanster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions are now on the Korg website under the Havian support downloads.
bull

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i would like to ask, where can i found 16 tracks on sequencer, when i want to compose a song.On my display i can see only 8, where are the other 8?I bought havian 30 recently, so i still learn.Thank you a lot.
alina

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press the Track Select button to see tracks 9-16. Press it again to see tracks 1-8.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
One of the points raised in discussion about the Havian is should Korg have put a more powerful sound generator and arranger in the piano rather than the PA300 ? Possibly the PA600 or PA900 (although this would push the price higher). Do Havian owners feel it's lacking in any respect?
Chris
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
One of the points raised in discussion about the Havian is should Korg have put a more powerful sound generator and arranger in the piano rather than the PA300 ? Possibly the PA600 or PA900 (although this would push the price higher). Do Havian owners feel it's lacking in any respect?
Chris

I definately agree with you, had they put a pa600 inside as well as the multipads it would have been a much more remarkable instrument...

They made the same mistake as Yamaha (dgx) as well as Casio (px560). There is not enough arranger to be a true hybrid...

If Korg is smart they take the pa4x and add 88 keys and some more piano madness... Call it the Havian 400 Pro, and make it sell like madness...

A high end stagepiano/arranger hybrid would be many preformers dream.
Reidoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they would listen to your advice and mix an 88 keybed (a good one hopefully, cause this is another topik...but still) with the pa4x, my friend this keyboard would make history. Imagine how many musicians would buy it...and ofcourse we will be seeing the tyros88 counter-atack
...and ofcourse roland's cheaper alternative...the bk88 fp50 keybed + bk9 :p

Dreams, dreams.....!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: