Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[solved]_X50 Editor not working, MIDI driver correctly ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funky-Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: [solved]_X50 Editor not working, MIDI driver correctly ... Reply with quote

Hi there,

first time poster. I just acquired a used Micro X which I'm very happy with soundwise, specially for the price payed (50 € ) Cool

I downloaded the latest MID drivers from Korg (1.15.00.03, kenel mode driver 1.07.00.01), which are 64-bit, nice, since I'm on Win 8.1 x64 fully up to date + the latest editor 1.0.5. I can connect the synth via USB and play it in Reaper i.e. from my Roland Synth which has 61 keys and a couple of controllers (MIDI IN: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 or Micro X -> MIDI Out: Micro X). Working well.

Now I'd like to edit the sounds and open the X50 Editor, but can't connect to it. Neither in Standalone nor in VST mode. No MIDI driver to be found in the options page of the standalone editor.

I've read up a couple of threads before posting, and people were giving hints re: the Windows MIDI system slot, saying it has to be between 1-9; KORG MIDi driver is on slot 5. I can show you some screenshots:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/planet_groove/Vp7vQe

Tried to open the VST editor inside reaper, I can now chose the MIDI In/Out port, and when I play the keys on the MicroX I can see the virtual keys moving in editor. Still, when I play the virtual keys in the editor, it doesn't reflect it on the synth, no sound. But I can record MIDI from the synth into Reaper and play it back no problems.

All MIDI filters on the Micro X are checked like explained in the manual (SYsEx, Local ctrl ON etc.). KORG MIDI control panel is set to auto start with windows. Driver utility doesn't matter how it's set: 32-bit, 64-bit or both, "remove number from first device" doesn't change anything either.

I don't know what I could try still, this ain't my first synth to be connected to a PC and an editor.My JX-305 is at least as complex as the Micro X and it just works (with MIDI cables though).

Thank you very much for any help you can provide,

cheers, Raphael Wink

See below Wink

Last edited by funky-Stuff on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
funky-Stuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, never mind. Not getting any help from here, I simply uninstalled the editor and installed the older one from the provided CD.

And, hooray, it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: