Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New KARMA-fied Combi Set Catalyst Volume 2 released!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: New KARMA-fied Combi Set Catalyst Volume 2 released! Reply with quote

Karma-Lab releases new KARMA-fied sound set for Korg Kronos and Oasys

Karma-Lab announces the release of "Catalyst Volume 2 - Blast of Inspiration!", a new sound set of 32 KARMA-fied
combis for the Korg Kronos, Kronos X, Kronos 2 and Oasys. The combis can be loaded directly into the Kronos and
Oasys, or used with the optional KARMA Kronos and KARMA Oasys software. Programmed by Jim Sawyer (EJ2)
and KARMA Developer Stephen Kay, the set represents hundreds of hours of work over the last several years.

A comprehensive demonstration video showing 10 real-time performances of selected combis is available (be sure
to choose 720p HD for the best experience). It's done on the Kronos, but rest assured that it sounds and operates
exactly the same on the Oasys:

Catalyst Vol. 2 Demonstration Video (14:39)

The 10 performances are also available as individual videos, if you prefer "smaller bites" - you can view them from
the Catalyst 2 Combi List page, in the "Video Demo" column.

About Catalyst Volume 2

Focused on song-construction, backing tracks and inspirational grooves for jamming and live performance,
scoring and film cues, each combi is composed of a full 4 KARMA Modules and 8 fully-voiced scenes for maximum
variability, featuring extensive real-time control via the KARMA Realtime Controls (8 sliders, 8 switches) and the
other controllers (joystick, ribbon, 8 RT sliders/knobs, Vector Joystick and 2 switches over joystick).

Each combi is fully and meticulously documented in the accompanying 72 page User’s Guide, which is loaded
with tips on how to get the most out of each KARMA Performance. The set includes grooves, sonic textures and
backing tracks in a wide variety of styles, ranging from a mixture of Rock, Ambient, Jazz, New-Age & World/Ethnic
categories to Hip-Hop, Dance, Electronica, Trance & Techno categories.

On a personal note, I can honestly say that this is the best set we've yet produced for a Korg instrument. The
level of programming in each of the eight scenes, the attention paid to detail has been extreme.

More info, including the combi list, audio and video demos and the extensive User's Guide:

Catalyst Volume 2 Page

Three KARMA-fied combi sets available

"Catalyst Volume 2" is our third set of KARMA-fied combis for the Kronos and Oasys, joining the extremely
popular Catalyst Volume 1 and Reincarnated - two other great sets with similar high-tech programming you
might consider if you don't already have them.

Note: if you're new to Korg and the Kronos/Oasys, you may not be aware that Karma-Lab is KARMA Developer
Stephen Kay's company. As the inventor of KARMA (licensed to Korg), nobody programs KARMA to the degree
that we do. If you want big, bold, full, robust KARMA combis with inspiring and intricate parts that have 8 full
scenes of completely different variations, each capable of driving the creation of new song ideas, then these
are the sets for you:

Karma-Lab Oasys Sound Sets Page

Special introductory pricing and price increases - 33% savings until Sept 15th!

For the longest time, I have tried to keep the price of our KARMA v2 sound sets at $1.00 per combi ($32 for
32 combis). I can no longer justify that, especially with this new set. The incredible amount of time that goes
into each of these combis, the User's Guide and the entire package requires and justifies a higher price. In
fact, the previous sets were under-priced at $32 each.

Therefore, as of September 15, 2015 the price of a set of 32 Karma-Lab combis for the Kronos, Oasys, M3
and M50 is increasing to $48.00 - that's $1.50 per combi. If you like what we do, given the incredible detail
and functionality of our sets, it's still an amazing value.

For a limited time only, you can still buy all three KARMA-fied Combi Sound Sets (including the new one) for
the low price of $32 each. That's a 33% ($48.00 off) savings against the new price - or like getting one set
for FREE.

Introductory price: $32.00 each
After September 15th: $48.00 each

If you've never purchased any of our sets, or maybe only one, but have thought about it - now is the time to act
and save 33% off the new prices that go into effect on September 15th. You can purchase all 3 sound sets in a
single file
that loads all 96 combis conveniently into one Combi Bank. To purchase any of our Oasys sets:

Karma-Lab Oasys Sound Sets Page

Thanks for your interest and support!

EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I wrote in the latest news forum: Just superb! Awesome demos of Catalyst 2 combis. Much thanks and appreciation, Stephen!

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now get six free Karma-Lab Combis, two from each of our three sound sets, including two from the new Catalyst Vol. 2 set. Read all about it here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99666

nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and Stephen, I just wanted to pass along my thanks for making these new combis available to us. They are a joy to play and will open up numerous avenues for new song ideas. I know it takes a long time to generate the combis as well as the controllers and effects. Not to mention the explanatory dialogue. From my perspective it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
Jim and Stephen, I just wanted to pass along my thanks for making these new combis available to us. They are a joy to play and will open up numerous avenues for new song ideas. I know it takes a long time to generate the combis as well as the controllers and effects. Not to mention the explanatory dialogue. From my perspective it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks nitecrawler! I should mention for anyone else that the User's Guides are able to be downloaded from the various Sound Set Pages without a purchase so you can check out the detailed information available on each of the Combis.

Also, just a reminder that the price of our OASYS sound sets increases from $32 per set to $48 per set on Sept 15th. One more week! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: