Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damper Pedal Sustain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Damper Pedal Sustain Reply with quote

Using the Havian with a split point, I see no way to sustain the lower half of the keyboard using the damper pedal as you can on the right side.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually makes sense in arranger mode. The preferred way is too allow the style pattern to run with the left hand coordinating the chords. Sustain would be engaged for the melody on the right hand. If not wished to respond in that manner then make sure both lower and upper scan mode are engaged to override the split. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
brs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. If I may elaborate a bit more: I am not really using the Havian as an arranger. I just want to use the drums as a drum machine so I can trigger a fill by hand when I want to. I need to split the keyboard with piano on the right and bass on the left, however, I want the bass to sustain when I engage the damper pedal just as the piano does. You are saying I need to use the "scan," which I have no knowledge of. Is the scan something that you feel will still be required after having read what I just wrote? I appreciate your help.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it isn't applicable for what you are attempting. To be honest, I do not have a solution for what you want to accomplish. Sad

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
brs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This is very easily done on my Casio Privia and other keyboards. I was assuming this was something that I would be able to do on the Havian. I don't get why they would make it something you can't do. It's just allowing the sustain pedal to work on both parts of a split. If you find anything, please let me know. Thankyou.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Thanks. This is very easily done on my Casio Privia and other keyboards. I was assuming this was something that I would be able to do on the Havian. I don't get why they would make it something you can't do. It's just allowing the sustain pedal to work on both parts of a split. If you find anything, please let me know. Thankyou.

See page 642 of your user manual ... Damper CAN be turned on for LOWER. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
brs wrote:

+1. Not sure about getting the bass to hold, but glad you pitched in here. I was at a loss.

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:
brs wrote:

+1. Not sure about getting the bass to hold, but glad you pitched in here. I was at a loss.

Pretty sure the Havian has PA600 innards, so 'been there done that' was in force. Reading The Manual

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pg.642 reference. However, can you perhaps tell how to get to this function? I only see "Controllers" and that you can assign the Foot switch as a Damper. Where can I go in and see these other things they show on the screen? This manual is very lacking. Also, one other quick issue: being they combine the only single output with the headphone jack, is there any way to at least not turn off the internal speakers when plugging in a cable to use external speakers so that I can still use the internal speakers as monitors? This is a bad feature. Even on my Casio Privia I can do this. Where are their heads anyway? Thank you
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Thanks for the pg.642 reference. However, can you perhaps tell how to get to this function? I only see "Controllers" and that you can assign the Foot switch as a Damper. Where can I go in and see these other things they show on the screen? This manual is very lacking. Also, one other quick issue: being they combine the only single output with the headphone jack, is there any way to at least not turn off the internal speakers when plugging in a cable to use external speakers so that I can still use the internal speakers as monitors? This is a bad feature. Even on my Casio Privia I can do this. Where are their heads anyway? Thank you

The fastest way would be to use the shortcut ...

Press and hold SHIFT then press ENSEMBLE. Then select the Kbd Control tab at bottom of the LCD screen.

The other way is while in Style mode, press MENU button then select Keyboard Ensemble. Then press Kbd Control tab at bottom of the LCD screen.

Your key on page 642 is this line ...

1 Go to the Keyboard/Ensemble > Keyboard Control page.

It presupposes you know to press the MENU button first. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
[SNIP] ...
Also, one other quick issue: being they combine the only single output with the headphone jack, is there any way to at least not turn off the internal speakers when plugging in a cable to use external speakers so that I can still use the internal speakers as monitors? This is a bad feature. Even on my Casio Privia I can do this. Where are their heads anyway? Thank you

See page 121 ... Set the output from headphone to line out.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Last edited by Thoraldus on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I do appreciate your assistance but I did go to that very page but none of these red dots etc, clicking on or off and trying the sustain pedal makes it sustain on the lower portion. Any idea what am I doing wrong?
brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: the "Output," Page 121 shows :Creating and editing the SongBook Entries |121 Editing the Style controls (Synchro/Memory). Is this an incorrect page number?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Thank you. I do appreciate your assistance but I did go to that very page but none of these red dots etc, clicking on or off and trying the sustain pedal makes it sustain on the lower portion. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Need more information. What program do you have set to LOWER? Does the Damper pedal work the way you expect on Upper 1 with the same program (sound) selected?

I just tested the function on my PA600 and the damper does sustain LOWER when damper is set on.

Make sure your damper pedal plug is firmly seated.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Re: the "Output," Page 121 shows :Creating and editing the SongBook Entries |121 Editing the Style controls (Synchro/Memory). Is this an incorrect page number?

Sorry, it's page 21 --- looked like a '1' in front of the 21 Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: