Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X videos and sound clips
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.M.G.Periwal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these bamboo flute and sarangi sounds are of Pa4X.I salute to Fernando and Pa4X both.I wiil be the First customer for Pa4x in India.I am eagerly waiting for Pa4X
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: MORE DEMOS Reply with quote

MORE DEMOS HERE (there is a series of these)
https://youtu.be/JaHCqV_FX10

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete. A friend of mine has just been to the Seacroft organ and keyboard Festval [UK] and had some hands on experience with the new pa4x.. I'm sure he won't mind me quoting what he said about it..
Quote:
We have just come back from Seacroft and the only great news was I saw one of only 5 in the world, at the moment, you had to book an half hour appointment for a private viewing, the new Korg PA4X wow what a keyboard the sounds were absolutely fantastic the piano was especially awesome. They have also made the operating system more like the Yamaha by having registrations and now able to use Styles direct from a USB stick rather than having to install them first. You can also now save your Registrations onto a USB stick and then plug it into any other PA4X and play from the stick exactly the same as you can with the Tyros or PSR keyboards. The new touch screen was larger than on the PA3X and was like an Ipad glass front rather than the old "soft touch screen" on the PA3X. The price was also unbelievable the 61 note is £2499.00 and the 76 note is £2679.00. I think they said they would be available end of November beginning of December. They also said they had orders virtually from everyone who saw it, including me. They have listened to what people have asked for and it looks like it has paid off. Almost forgot another great thing, you can make a Style direct from a Midi file on the Keyboard, it gives you all the 3 intros and STS and variations. Fab.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith
Wow!! This type of news is tugging at my credit card already……. can't wait to try one.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
Hi Pete. A friend of mine has just been to the Seacroft organ and keyboard Festval [UK] and had some hands on experience with the new pa4x.. I'm sure he won't mind me quoting what he said about it..
Quote:
We have just come back from Seacroft and the only great news was I saw one of only 5 in the world, at the moment, you had to book an half hour appointment for a private viewing, the new Korg PA4X wow what a keyboard the sounds were absolutely fantastic the piano was especially awesome. They have also made the operating system more like the Yamaha by having registrations and now able to use Styles direct from a USB stick rather than having to install them first. You can also now save your Registrations onto a USB stick and then plug it into any other PA4X and play from the stick exactly the same as you can with the Tyros or PSR keyboards. The new touch screen was larger than on the PA3X and was like an Ipad glass front rather than the old "soft touch screen" on the PA3X. The price was also unbelievable the 61 note is £2499.00 and the 76 note is £2679.00. I think they said they would be available end of November beginning of December. They also said they had orders virtually from everyone who saw it, including me. They have listened to what people have asked for and it looks like it has paid off. Almost forgot another great thing, you can make a Style direct from a Midi file on the Keyboard, it gives you all the 3 intros and STS and variations. Fab.

Thanks for the update, ..

Could you ask your friend if there was any sign from directly playing sounds from the HD just like the Kronos sampling engines? Which would allow for huge sound expansions... As the 400MB would only be loaded with the very first part of the samples...
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bachus, he only had a half hour slot to try out the basics so I doubt he would have had the time. I will try to find out from a Dealer contact of mine but early days yet. Smile
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Thanks Keith
Wow!! This type of news is tugging at my credit card already……. can't wait to try one.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Have to admit Pete, I'm seriously considering hitting mine as well Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm… a little concerned - was watching this video manual clip:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-FTkmAGzMt4#t=175

and here at 2:51 I see the dreaded "V" organs - PLEASE let there only be these 2 Confused

Very Happy
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have ordered one myself. Never bought the PA3X which I thought slightly disappointing at the time so moving from 2006 technology ( PA800) to virtually 2016 technology (PA4X) should be a worthwhile upgrade I gather...... Smile

Hearing about the piano quality I have growing doubts now to know I have ordered the 61 keys version. Actually I was already testing the strings of my purse, but of course another 200 euros would turn it into a 76 keys with harddisk. ( Not that I personally set great store by the harddisk.....)
What do you guys reckon ?

regards
John

P.S. Keith , it is good to see you back on the forums !!!
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:
have ordered one myself. Never bought the PA3X which I thought slightly disappointing at the time so moving from 2006 technology ( PA800) to virtually 2016 technology (PA4X) should be a worthwhile upgrade I gather...... Smile

Hearing about the piano quality I have growing doubts now to know I have ordered the 61 keys version. Actually I was already testing the strings of my purse, but of course another 200 euros would turn it into a 76 keys with harddisk. ( Not that I personally set great store by the harddisk.....)
What do you guys reckon ?

regards
John

P.S. Keith , it is good to see you back on the forums !!!

Good to see you here again John. How is everything in Nederland? If you are a pianist I'd opt for the 76 key. As an organist I'm fine with 61. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hmmmmm… a little concerned - was watching this video manual clip:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-FTkmAGzMt4#t=175

and here at 2:51 I see the dreaded "V" organs - PLEASE let there only be these 2 Confused

Very Happy

As quite a lot of arranger players don't use expression pedals, those V-organs work better for them (they've been volume and tone balanced up and down the keyboard).

That's one of the things about a Hammond. You can't play one WITHOUT a swell pedal... The volume changes quite considerably, and the timber, due to drawbar foldback. And, of course they aren't velocity sensitive either. No decent B3 sim allows this. Without a swell pedal, most B3 sims suck!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:
As quite a lot of arranger players don't use expression pedals, those V-organs work better for them

Agree Diki but the "V" organs are not about expression, they velocity switch 2 multi-samples - one with slow rotary in it and the other with fast rotary in it.
I'd be far less bothered if velocity was just expression changes - in fact might be slightly OK.

These are unusable for anyone who wants classic tone-wheel organ and Leslie sounds - absolutely useless for ME (my needs are far from met with these sounds and there are too many of them!!!).
I have split all mine into single (no velocity switching) sounds - they are quite nice but of course you can't successfully apply the Rotary effect to them as the "rotary" is already in the multisample itself - the result is very odd - bit like playing through 2 Leslies at different speeds.

Anyhow, just my opinion guys - I hate "V" organs but love everything else about my PA3X!!!!
Bachus wrote:
But in the end, you dont want your effects as part of the sample, you want the raw sample, and the effects being added manually to it..

+1000

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: