Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Streaming
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Sample Streaming Reply with quote

I think the one thing that will make or break the PA4x is sample streaming. the capabillity is listen in the specs on Korg Germany. but not referred anywhere else.

I think this is the thing we want to know most right now, is it possible to stream samples from a memory device like the build in HDD or SD or USB stick (or maybe an SSD that comes with a hardware expansion) so everyone has access to a nearly unlimmitted array of sounds.

To me it would make a huge world of difference about my opinion of the instrument, and it would make it deffinately a worthwhile upgrade for everyone having a PA3x.

So Korg Itally, please give us an answer on this question, and dont dare to dissapoint us.. (yes i know Korg probably will never read this)
filipe_l

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about disk audio streaming like ketron audya ?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filipe_l wrote:

Streaming is a process by where only the start of a Sample is actually loaded into RAM. When you play a note, the portion of the Sample that's loaded into RAM plays instantly, and the keyboard has enough time remaining to fetch the rest of the Sample direct from disk, where it plays it back directly from the disk.

This in turn reduces the amount of RAM a Sample needs.

This could also mean that if the Pa4X does indeed have streaming, that 400MB of Sample RAM could be used to stream upwards of 4GB of Samples.

Needless to say, that's something that KORG need to clear up sooner rather than later. German publications are using the word streaming, but so far it seems nobody else is. This is causing confusion.

Regards
Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filipe_l wrote:

No, i am talking about streaming samples/sounds/notes directly from massmemmory like HDD and SSD, its something supported bybthe Kronos HD and SGX engines which both have found their way into the new EDS engine..

Its how most professional VST sample players work.. And allows for nearly unlimmited expandabillity
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no word from Korg on this..

Sample streaming would put Pa4x on another level.

http://youtu.be/b7S3KocL66c

I personally found that it is expansions like Kapros that put the Kronos even higher on the ladder... And the same will happen to the pa4x if they add this...
KONNECTORAS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample Streaming Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I think the one thing that will make or break the PA4x is sample streaming. the capabillity is listen in the specs on Korg Germany. but not referred anywhere else.

I think this is the thing we want to know most right now, is it possible to stream samples from a memory device like the build in HDD or SD or USB stick (or maybe an SSD that comes with a hardware expansion) so everyone has access to a nearly unlimmitted array of sounds.

To me it would make a huge world of difference about my opinion of the instrument, and it would make it deffinately a worthwhile upgrade for everyone having a PA3x.

So Korg Itally, please give us an answer on this question, and dont dare to dissapoint us.. (yes i know Korg probably will never read this)

+1000000000!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sample Streaming Reply with quote

KONNECTORAS wrote:
Bachus wrote:

+1000000000!!!!!!!!!!

Since it seems you had acces to the PA4x in an other post.... does the +100000 mean that it has sample streaming. or that you want Korg Itally to step up and answer the question
KONNECTORAS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, unfortunately it does not have -at ths present formation- user sample streaming.
It does not even have SSD on board, just a traditional HD...

I STRONGLY support your statement and I have already asked the Lead Dealer of my country to ask officially KORG about this reason...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KONNECTORAS wrote:
No, unfortunately it does not have -at ths present formation- user sample streaming.

I STRONGLY support your statement and I have already asked the Lead Dealer of my country to ask officially KORG about this reason...

a super dissapointment then....

I am one of those people that loves having their own sound..
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge-Super-Mega disappointment!

That means, that even if we are to use all we need from pa3 (i maxed all) we are not gonna be able due to lack of memory! - Korg.....................
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newkorgguy wrote:
Huge-Super-Mega disappointment!

That means, that even if we are to use all we need from pa3 (i maxed all) we are not gonna be able due to lack of memory! - Korg.....................

Nope, that has 512 MB compressed and will not fit in 400 MB uncompressed.. Just take some time and listen to the awesome Kronos Expansion libraries and realise what you need to miss....
KONNECTORAS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
KONNECTORAS wrote:

a super dissapointment then....

I am one of those people that loves having their own sound..

Me too...
My set is made at 99.9% by my very own user samples...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Streaming - what kind of ? Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
German publications are using the word streaming, but so far it seems nobody else is. This is causing confusion.

Publication translated:
Pa4x comes with 5,1 GB memory filled with PCM-Data for 1800 sounds.
By streaming technology enormous amounts of data on-the-fly can thereby be processed.
400 MB are no enormous amounts, so this meant that PCM-data to be processed by streaming to save RAM - that seems nothing to be like an Open Sampling System in Kronos.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there is a hidden option to remove all pre-loaded sounds to free up memory? Razz
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Streaming - what kind of ? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Sharp wrote:
German publications are using the word streaming, but so far it seems nobody else is. This is causing confusion.

Publication translated:
Pa4x comes with 5,1 GB memory filled with PCM-Data for 1800 sounds.
By streaming technology enormous amounts of data on-the-fly can thereby be processed.
400 MB are no enormous amounts, so this meant that PCM-data to be processed by streaming to save RAM - that seems nothing to be like an Open Sampling System in Kronos.

400MB of RAM is a lot when streaming. I can fit on average 4GB of streaming data into 400MB of RAM on my KRONOS.

Also don't forget, the KRONOS never had the ability to stream end users samples when it was released. That feature was added much later in the form of an OS update.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: