Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Audio Via USB in Pro Tools 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spottingjonah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Kronos Audio Via USB in Pro Tools 12 Reply with quote

Am I crazy? Is it possible to setup the Kronos as an audio device in Pro Tools 12 in order to be able to record audio via USB by setting up the Kronos USB audio out as an input of an audio track? If so, does anyone know how?

I have - Pro Tools 12.2, Kronos 8 w/ 3.0, Windows 7. I'm using an old MBox 2 for now.

I am able to use the USB for MIDI I/O on the Kronos, but can't figure out the audio I/O, if possible.

I truly appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!!
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use the Kronos USB for Audio, you will need to Make the Kronos your Audio device inside Pro-Tools. ASIO does not support "bridging" disparate cards, the driver has to support it. Plus, there actually isn't an ASIO driver for the Kronos, so you'd end up having to use the MME or WASAPI driver (if Pro-Tools even supports that). You might be able to get away with using ASIO4All, but I personally wouldn't even bother. Does the MBox have an SPDIF port? I would send audio in that way from the Kronos.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
andrewt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was. I just use SPDIF but then I'm locked into 48khz sample rate. Anyone know if there's a way around that, or if I have to use 48khz on all projects that use Kronos?
slowtrain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Pensado made a Pensado's Place wherein he used a VST emulator for plugins. I wonder if the plugin editor would work in that as a VSTi.

edit: Here's the video: How to use VST/AU plugins in Pro Tools - Into The Lair #110 https://youtu.be/B2mcnso_JeA

He mentions using synths with it. I don't know if I'll try it because I have enough analog inputs to re-sample.
popmann

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos is locked at 48khz.

For good reason, IME....if we assume 88/96 wasn't on the design possibility table.

If you're using it as an audio interface, yes you will have to run 48.

I use the K with a MacBook for software instruments....but, my Windows DAW runs at the session rate, whatever that may be. Usually 88.2 for my own personal work. But, that's the flaw in doing everything with one machine or trying to maintain a digital network of machines. Ive run two systems for my whole life-one audio recorder/mixer and one synth/sequencer-every time I try to consolidate, I mostly just get headaches or lesser and glitchy sound or both. i don't have the luxury always of choosing the session rates I play on. Nor would I choose a single rate for recording the other 95% of the tracks to accommodate digital keyboard connection.

Long under way of saying....just connect it analog if you're using another rate....and don't make that rate be 44.1 by choice! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: