Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roli releases Seaboard Rise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomto66

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rise & Kronos daily. But yes, time on the Rise takes away time on the Kronos. FWIF I only play the Rise hooked up to the Kronos! So a lot of time is taken making Rise combi's. It's going to take me months to play the Rise decently but it's boatloads of fun. Hoping to be able to gig with it after the Summer.
Rodan

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy the roli! Very nice and fun to play with the app.
Struggling with the midi connection with my kronos. Is there a way to connect it ot just one sound, on just one channel and use all the dimensions of sounds?
Thanks a lot!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that has been answered already in this thread or in another about the Kronos and rise. I have not grid yet but I would think you will need to create multiple combos or programs each to a different midi channel and work each channel as one source for a type of e press ion from the rise. MIDI still eludes me but Inam sure Zoe one will correct any of my mistakes shortly. At least I hope they do!
tomto66

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Rodan: what you can do is the following: set the Rise to output on only 1 midi channel (say Ch1) with the Roli dashboard software on your PC - you'll have polyphony limited to 1 then of course. Then plug the rise into your Kronos. If your Kronos has ch 1 as Gchan then the Rise wil control whatever program or combi you dial in. Is this what you mean?
ldascanio

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit more difficult thatn that.

Easiest way is to set first the Rise for the same channel as Kronos global channel and Channel mode = SINGLE. In this way the Rise will transmit all the info in just one channel and you can play any program or combi in Kronos.
Velocity will be recognized same as channel pressure and slide (vertical movements). Except for velocity that is note linked you won't have independent pressure or slide. You could set Polyphonic aftertouch in Rise to have independent pressure but even if Kronos recognize this info there is no program/combi parameter linked to this so you first need to reprogram your Kronos.
I still need to check if lift has some effect on Kronos (some engines recognize the parameter at least partially) but didn't check if it can be used to control other parameters...
A second complication is the glide (horizontal movements). This will be recognized by Kronos but you won't have what you expect.
Rise accept as Glide (pitch bend 12/24/36/48 semitones). If Kronos does not matches that parameter for pitch bend when you move from one note to another one Kronos won't reach the right tune (i.e you move from C to C and the tune moves from C to E or G...or others depending on settings).
You need to be sure that Kronos pitch bend matches Rise but by default most if not all Kronos programs have a setting of +/-2. You need to edit your programs and not all engines are equal... HD1 allows several octaves below your tune but only one octuve up (+12). STR-1 allows wider ranges, etc.
Best thing is to set Rise to 12 so it works with all Kronos engines and then set your programs to +/-12.... In any case you need to do some edition to your sounds in Kronos in order to work properly with RISE.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
Rodan

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes! i have made some changes and kinda works but:

1.- if I assign only channel 1 to the seaboard it seems to work fine
2.- if I assigns multiple channels, also kinda works}
3.- if I assign a different channel (I.E 3) aftertouch and slide don't respond
4.- on any of the previous cases if iassign slide to I.E. the joystic Y controller or the X/Y pad to any CC it doesn't work Sad

sorry, but i'm really noob on midi programing
Rodan

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks that I have some firmware trouble, so the customer service help me and now it's working fine! Yei!!!
Amazing midi controller for the kronos
millahjovich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting, but IMHO Continuum is still a cooler thing.
jimiki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roli has also released their ipad version of seaboard called NOISE

FREE download !! only some inapp purchases for some 15 bucks.. full Roli in action

Worth of money

https://roli.com/products/noise
millahjovich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally seaboard for soloing instruments, and in a format that allows you to add it to your keyset..

- 88 key paino lower
- 61 or 73 organ/synth upper
- seaboard Rise top right solo position
finally seaboard for soloing instruments, and in a format that allows you to add it to your keyset..

- 88 key paino lower
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millah, I think if you want to quote someone you should do so but copying and pasting is going to create flak because people will think you are just trolling. Use the quote button above or just add quotes to the copy with the original poster name and state why you quoted him or her.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

- 88 key paino lower

tough i would have preferred a 37 key version ...

Millah, for instance under the text Bachus wrote there is a quote button, bottom left, and within the html stuff you can edit the text you want quoted. In this case, although I love my Rise 25, I agree with Bachus, 37 would have been better.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting on a very old thread!

Maybe you can help me make up my mind! I know it's been a while since Roli has released the Seaboard Rise and they're probably getting ready to release a redesigned version soon (any rumors?).....but at the same time, it's safe to say they've also had all this time to take care of bugs and issues and all that jazz.

I'm not going to use it to play Chopin. I plan to use it as a secondary controller for the most part. So I will have the midi data recorded and then use this to add additional layers of midi parameters or/and have just pure fun.

I don't really have room for the 49 keys version, so I'll have to move it around which is a pain in the neck. The smaller version would fit on the desk.

Do you think the smaller version will satisfy these general purpose requirements? I've never had such a small keybed ...hence the question...

tomto66

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sam: it really depends on your use case. If 2 octaves is enough for the parts you intend to play, you'll be fine; if not, you won't.

I can guarantee you this: you'll have plenty of fun anyway!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomto66 wrote:
@Sam: it really depends on your use case. If 2 octaves is enough for the parts you intend to play, you'll be fine; if not, you won't.

I can guarantee you this: you'll have plenty of fun anyway!

Right! I think I should just grab a traditional 2 octave controller and use it for few days and see how it feels having such a small keyboard. Then I'll probably able to come to a conclusion. Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: