Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My m3 No Sound
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bakirmn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: My m3 No Sound Reply with quote

hi, my m3 problem- When it powers up, it starts as normal loading and shows the ver no and exb 256. Then goes to main screen and all pages are fine.
- The keyboard and switch 1 and 2 not working.
-The key board joystick light, are not on.
- No sound coming out when you hit any keynotes.
-No sound from the 8 pads on module.
- USB 1&2 are not present. Not reading any usb f;lash card.

I did factory reset all data, from global setting 3 times , and no change .
I did diagnostic report, holding inter+5 and powered , the report stated all are fine except :
1 USB 1&2 showed NG
2 Keyboard 61 NG
3 Sw 1+2 NG
4 Mid 1 NG
5 Could not calibrate the 8 pads.

Please help to what could be the problem with my M3
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say this but with so many things failing you should probably take it to a service center.

The first group of issues would have made me think that there was a bad connection to the keybed but the other issues would indicate a more serious problem.

I recently had an M3 that was behaving badly and all that was needed was a power supply replacement although my issues were not the same as yours.

The only thing I could suggest for you to try on your own is that if you have installed any EXB cards to verify that they are seated properly and that the keyboard connector is secure.
bakirmn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mate for your reply, its very strange thing.
Since all Items need some sort of power, like 5v to 3v, it could be the power board. Thats where my head is telling me, but not sure.
When you turn the power on the m3 should the light on the pitch bend come on same time? or after loading the operating system, i cant remember. Can you you refresh my mind please?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The light on the joystick comes on immediately when you power on.
bakirmn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bald, I did test the power board output 5 pin jack to function board its suppose to provide 3.3v and 5v, i found there is No 5v out supply at all, and only 3.3 is coming out. This means that 5v supply is missing !
Now Korg dealer don't the supply board KLM 2700-1 on its own! They sell it with function board which will cost $385 Australian... i find it very expensive repair job.
I wish i can find the klm 2700-1 power board on its own and then see whether i need the function board.
If any one knows where to get KLM 2700-1 please let me know.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to find someone who can repair the existing power supply, probably for a lot less money.
bakirmn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voip, I wonder if you had this issue beforehand? I will take the m3 to service centre soon and try to repIr the power board output.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with the M3, but a similar issue on another piece of equipment was a relatively easy fix.

A good "proper" electronic service technician should stand a reasonable chance of being able to fix it.

At the very least, a separate 5V power supply could be installed inside the M3 and the existing 5V supply disconnected.
bakirmn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Smile got the power board fixed today and all working again. so happy it was not major. thanks guys for you inputs to this issue.
The cause: was 5v output to function board was not present!!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news.
bakirmn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Viop, it cost me $70 to repair the power board , some modification was made to provide 5v.
One more thing i installed the m3 update "M3XP_V205_E1" its a fix for the touch panel... and seems to fix issues with my touch panel.
bakirmn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My m3 Touch panel still working 100% for one week without having to replace the touch panel.
To be honest, i could Not calibrate any more what ever i do for 3 week, but since i downloaded the update , i left on for 2 hours and Wow it worked as good as new.
Please guys don't rush into going major steps it might cost you Big dollars. the boards are almost $400 if anything goes wrong !

Just be careful guys, most cases with faulty touch screen is a software glitch. Just install the latest System update"M3XP_V205_E1" . in the link below:
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/141/1408/
The update of "M3XP_V205_E1":
[Bug fix]
The calibration data created by using the “Touch Panel
Calibration” command has not been correctly reflected in
the system after the power-on reset. This has been fixed.
sikwititbeats

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bakirmn wrote:
Thanks Bald, I did test the power board output 5 pin jack to function board its suppose to provide 3.3v and 5v, i found there is No 5v out supply at all, and only 3.3 is coming out. This means that 5v supply is missing !
Now Korg dealer don't the supply board KLM 2700-1 on its own! They sell it with function board which will cost $385 Australian... i find it very expensive repair job.
I wish i can find the klm 2700-1 power board on its own and then see whether i need the function board.
If any one knows where to get KLM 2700-1 please let me know.

How could u tell which pin was which. I'm in that same exact position with my m3. And I'm trying to figure out what pin on the connector need the 5v. Help me please.
bakirmn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: m3 power board Reply with quote

I took it to authorized korg repairer it cost me $70 to repair the power board , some modification was made to provide 5v. Please contact me for more help on this issue .
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lucky that the mosfet on the power board didnt shorted and jost got faulty...
In one i had here it got shorted and 12volts gone to the 5v rail so i got a burnt keyboard, burnt pads and burnt usb ports...
I managed to recover the usb part ,as the other have mcu's with korgs firmware on them, and now its being used as a midi module.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: