Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello/bonjour from France - new TR61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weedsy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: hello/bonjour from France - new TR61 Reply with quote

trying to teach an old dog (me) new tricks (keyboard arrangers) after a gap of nearly 40 years out of the music game. Keyboards seem the same, manuals are entirely another thing . . . . . .
Hoping to ask some stupid questions and for a degree of tolerance - maybe my probs with the TR61 manual are something to do with brain damage incurred in the sixties . . . ?
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Weedsy, what brain damage? Those of us that went thru the "Sixties" just use different software programs for our brains. Wink

Welcome, Nitecrawler Cool
weedsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nitecrawler - you could be right; but first of all, the data gets corrupted (you're nowhere near as good as you thought you were) and then the programming lets you down (you remember every riff and lick of every number you played in the sixties - but then you forget to take the amp to the gig . . . . . . )
Cheers,
Weedsy[/img]
Old Guy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Did the "sixties" thing as well. Reply with quote

Hello Weedsy,

I can relate with your situation. I did the sixties thing as well and had a great time, however, I agree the Manuals of these new keyboards are a jigsaw puzzle. I shut down the music thing for about 20 years. Would take out the old DX7 and make a few sounds and then put it away for another year or so. I thought I was finished with "the business". I used to avoid Music Stores as I knew there was a whole lot of new gear out there that I would probably want if I heard it. Then one day made the big mistake of going into a music store with a friend of mine and someone was demonstrating the Triton Extreme. That was it! I was hooked. I had to have one. Now I'm up at 5:00 am before going to work, practicing! My wife says I'm nuts and no way I can play any gigs. Fine with me: I've become a "headphone" player.

Anyway I'm heading to your beautiful Country this Sunday for a month. My wife's family is all in France and Belgium (Around the Charleville, Rocroi, Couvin area). She says the only way I can even look at a keyboard is if I entertain her family and relatives. "Yuk", this could be torture!.

Welcome to the Forum. This is a great place! Lots of Information. Lots of good people.

Regards

Old Guy
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello weedsy,

Welcome to the forum! Beer
paul_courville

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Old Guys,
I'm 47 years old today October 1st and can completely relate.
I will never stop playing at home or live.
It's just too damn much fun.
Plus I've got an ego the size of a house. lol
Take care and rock on!
Paul Courville is a.k.a. Cyberdude
www.cyberdudeproductions.com
www.broadjam.com/cyberdude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: