Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating my own Combis on LE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Creating my own Combis on LE? Reply with quote

I gather this has been asked a million times, and I did have a good old search around here...

I've had my Triton Le 76 for just about 2 years now. I absolutely love it, except for the fact that I can barely do anything more than turn it on and edit the odd Prog voice - and very shakily at that, but I did discover a useful tutorial to refer to on this subject.

Anyways, my dilemma is that I've no idea how to create my own Combis, and find the manual prohibitively complicated. Are there any tutorials out there on how to edit, construct, wipe, split, layer on velocity, use effects for each voice within the combi, the combi as a whole, joystick, buttons and otherwise everything to do with the subject?

I'm very much at a loss. Any help will be very gratefully received.
klarnet basowy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you will not find my answer useful, but..

for what you want there's no better solution than the manual.. and putting the hands in the menus, they are quite user friendly
Warhawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer! And it is useful.

I have to admit though to having been defeated by the manuals and menus. I find them extremely complicated and almost unfriendly.

I was hoping to find an undiscovered tutorial or maybe a demonstration or a real step-by-step walkthrough (basically, I'd need my hand held through it...)

However, if it really really would just be a case of sitting down once again and trusting to stumble upon the correct way to do things then I will return to it and try some more - thanks for the encouragement on that front.

Absolutely any resource, tutorial or set of hints and tips for Combi creation though would be very very happily read. I have been on this 'voyage of discovery' with the LE for two years now, and really haven't gotten very far. Sad
pagey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a DVD available out there somewhere I think. Keep an eye out on Ebay, I've seen a fair few recently.

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
Warhawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh - thanks for suggesting that DVD. I had noticed I think the very one, but wasn't sure how much detail it went into. Also considered a librarian/arranger jobbie, but not sure I want to slap the plastic for 'convenience' over 'solution'.

Cheers very much for the advice though. I'll get to it again with renewed vigour this weekend.
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29200

This following thread deals with disabling the drum track, when it's not used with the arpeggiator.
Very useful, if you intend on using an arp. pattern with the drums.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29057
roadster_32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a DVD which does explain how to make your own combis and also shows many more useful features, it is a great DVD and I would highly recommend it! The title is KORG mater's series DVD tutorial Triton Le. You can get it from www.proaudiodvds.com, I also bought from here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: