Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Rack w/ Flash Reader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Triton Rack w/ Flash Reader Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to use any kind of flash memory with the Triton Rack? I've seen where you can get an external SCSI reader/writer for a compact flash card and I saw someone a while back who said they were able to replace the floppy drive with a flash card reader/writer but I can't find any more details on the latter.

Has anyone tried either of these options and how well does it seem to work for you?

Thanks!
orbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I bought a SCSI board and external flash drive recently. It makes it sooo easy to do all your sampling on the computer, or organize your libraries and then copy all the files to a CF card and then load to trition. Only downside is that the SCSI cards as well as drives are about 2x the price they should be but they're hard as hell to find!

http://joshcoopermusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/orbit_one
http://www.myspace.com/siliconsuicide
www.soundcloud.com/jcoopersound
scsiforsamplers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can drag up an old thread, my company SCSIforSamplers.com now has an internal SCSI drive install kit as well as a SCSI Flash card reader that will replace the floppy drive in your Triton and they are both priced well below what you have seen in the past regarding card reader drives. Please have a look at our website for more information or contact me anytime.
snakeprozone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have an external one for my Triton Rack. Had to change some jumpers to start working with both PCMCIA /CF adapters. Now I use exclusively the 2 x 2 GB cards and loading time is very fast. I.E. All KDF files from default 02 disk are loaded in 10-15 sec.
If you're still interested I can post more data about the unit. Was bought from e-bay, after scsiforsamplers stop the business. This unit changes dramatically the time spent for moving/configuring the sounds on an old hardware.

Ed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: