Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg uk claims 64 bit drivers work on zero4/8 with some...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinylwizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: korg uk claims 64 bit drivers work on zero4/8 with some... Reply with quote

Ok

I actually run xp on a 32 bit system but I'm worried that in future if they don't release drivers we'll be shafted!
This comes from the Korg Uk website on Windows 7 compliance:

Windows 7 compliance information

Korg Inc has tested all Korg equipment and we can now say that all Korg equipment is Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit compatible, with the following exceptions.

M50 Editor: Still under examination

M3 Editor: Still under examination

Zero 4/8: When Zero 4/8 runs except in 44.1 kHz, you cannot use the WDM driver.

Zero Editor: When the "MIDI Input/Output port" parameter is set at "Auto Detect", it may not be launched properly.

Radias: The Radias must be upgraded to V2 software.

Tonelab SE Editor: Not compatible

To me, this reads that as long as the unit is in 44.1 mode it should all work?! Am I reading this wrong. Has anyone actually tried?

Would be good to know!
omars1515

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm in the same situation many newer laptops come with 64 bit now I don't want to upgrade and not be able use the korg zero 8 .
I was even considering switching over to a mac if it supports the zero 8

It would be nice to know for sure if KORG 08 supports windows 7 64 bit at least at 44.1kHz
Karlos Santos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you buy a 64bit machine you will still be able to boot into 32bit and use the Korg.

If you use a Mac it starts in 32bit anyway.

Karlos
jakkaction

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but this claim seems ridiculous.

I have joined these forums just to pitch in my voice, for what it's worth (probably nothing to Korg, now that they already have my money).

Can anyone who has used the Zero8 with Windows 7 64-bit provide any specifics regarding

a) the version of Windows 7 - home, pro, ultimate
b) install process: did you have to use the XP mode? driver version? etc.

I saw a few other threads where it looked like there were actual Korg reps who read this board. Have they not seen the complaints from all these Zero4 / 8 users? I mean, c'mon guys. Please, throw us a bone.

...and that's basically for what I'm hoping: that some future Korg Firewire hardware will essentially have to become 64-bit compatible, requiring Korg to release a driver that, god help us, may function for the Zero4 / 8. A great mixer, but so tragic to have less than half of its functionality when you want to have a decent machine these days to run Ableton or Traktor.

I will definitely never buy another Korg product again until they wise up and support their product. If they actually respond to this and produce a functional driver, I take it all back, but until then....
Karlos Santos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traktor isnt 64bit but...
Does seem like Korg is ignoring the issue though.
llavoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't ignore it, they purposely dropped support from the entire series. I am sure if you ask an authorized Korg dealer, they will tell you that a message was sent out that stated support for the Zero series will stop entirely. This is why you saw prices drop drastically on the Zero series.
I am happy with my hardware. I worked around the OS/driver situation and love the Zero8. I just wish there was more support for the product. I hope that there is a new concept coming out to replace the Zero series. Having a Midi controller, mixer, effects, and sound card all in one is fantastic.
Korg Zero8
Lacie Rugged XL 1TB E-Sata
firm v 1.6
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

To those with concerns over this...

Since this thread was started back in November I can tell you that we have tested (on more than one computer) Zero 8 mixers with Windows 7 and Vista 64 and there have been no issues..

Hope this helps

Mike
omars1515

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: win 7 x64 + zero8 = Nada! Reply with quote

Hey i have windows 7 x64 and i can't get any sound from zero8 with firewire. I installed the latest drivers and not one channel will work with this driver nor will my daw receive any midi messages from the zero8. It seems other people are having this problem too

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47914

i get the "streaming state: error" in the control panel too.
If i can't get the zero8 to work on this machine i will buy a soundcard or there might be a new zero8 in the market
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
db2000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running a laptop with Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and have a Zero4 running with Traktor Scratch Pro. The mixer works with audio passing through fire-wire, however the problem I am having is with the Timecode discs with Traktor. Any input if the Traktor Adapt works with 64-bit Windows 7 because I can only guess that is where my problem resides. Not sure if I need to run it in compatibility mode.

Here is a description of what I'm seeing. If I pull up the timecode setup in Traktor it shows a response with channel A & B with two circles shaking around the record but no response to the audio track playing. I can actually see a visual line moving through the track showing it's current position but it doesn't control the audio playing.

If there isn't a solution to this I'm going to sacrifice 2 channels and just run the audio signal into the remaining 2 of my zero4 and set the out and ins of Traktor to process the audio if that makes any sense (had to do this before I got Traktor Adapt to work with Vista). Then eventually I will just buy a laptop with XP on it with the sole purpose of being a Traktor DJ laptop.
Okkie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
UPDATE:

To those with concerns over this...

Since this thread was started back in November I can tell you that we have tested (on more than one computer) Zero 8 mixers with Windows 7 and Vista 64 and there have been no issues..

Hope this helps

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thank you for this response.

Ok, so according to you the drivers work fine and no issues have been found ?!? If that really is the case, how to explain the many messages then (including mine) from dissapointed users who either cannot get it to work at all (mainly WIN7 64) or eventually with several limitations ? If it would be one or two, ok, but there are soooo many responses that look similar. I find it really hard to believe that the drivers are simply fine...

What could KORG do to help all these people ? Some ideas:

- re-compile the drivers to meet the latest OS's
- Generate a test team amongst the users to debug
- Maybe even distribute the source(code) information to enable people with programming abilities (there are loads of them inbetween) to do their own drivers and/or optimizations ?

But... The main point would be to learn whether KORG is willing to continue supporting the Zero mixers with driver updates and customer support.

I think many users will be interested to see your comments on this...

Many thanks beforehand
Kema

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that Zero 4 works with vista64 i have oly used recording from mixer to computer and drivers that are included do work you have to run the setup file that is included with drivers and not let windows search for correct driver (it won't find it) and just follow instructions about turning on and off mixer and works for me but i can ony use 44.1 kHz mode Sad and i haven't tried any of zero software or traktor so can't speak of them.
llavoe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my zero8 working on Vista 64. All seems well. The CPU usage fluctuates a little more on vista than windows 7. Now I just have to go in and delete partition I had for windows 7.

EDIT: I have the Zero8 working with Traktor Pro 1.2.4 on Windows 7 64 bit OS. I have the sound card set to 44.8 kHz using it as a midi controller and sound card for traktor.

Windows 7 is so much better than Vista. It runs so smoothly. I recommend any Vista / Vista 64 users to upgrade.
Korg Zero8
firm v 1.6
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already done.

- Generate a test team amongst the users to debug
The test team already exist at Korg in Japan, no need to have more people involved.

- Maybe even distribute the source(code) information to enable people with programming abilities (there are loads of them in between) to do their own drivers and/or optimizations ?
This would be impossible to support. If we did this there would quickly be many instances of drivers being passed around with no solid QC in place to say if they will work or not. We would be then faced with a barrage of users who have had passed on or found drivers online that cause other problems to occur that are out of our control.

To give you an example. The PA range has a set of Arabic and Asian styles doing the rounds online somewhere. These were written by someone not connected to Korg. They corrupt the PA range badly. We are then faced with

1: A call to support asking why the PA no longer works correctly and the guy blaming our machine.

2: An upset customer who looses their unit for a week while it comes back here to be cleaned and has a labour charge incurred

3: An out of pocket customer who has paid for something that will not work correctly from an online source.

We had one guy who installed the same data 3 times and still said it was our fault..!

So there will be no way that we would ever release source code for independent users to write their own driver.

Mike
djcl.ear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
Already done.Mike

Excellent newsˇˇ
Is that so? Does it mean that Korg has "re-compiled the drivers to meet the latest OS's"??
And so finally Korg launches Windows7 64 bits support for Zero 4 and 8 oh Oh.
Fully functional (via digital path) Zeros able to be plugged to 6 or over 12 Gs RAM PC/Laptop's DAWs thru drivers compiled ideally to take advantage of 4 cores, soon hexa cores...

That IS a game changer for many.
llavoe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Mike,

Your USB Midi Driver will support Korg Zero in Windows 7 64?

Will it support 44.1kHz?

Is it going to make the 1.11 version look like a BETA?

You are not very clear on how Zero users should update their mixers....
Korg Zero8
firm v 1.6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: