Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem after software update on MicroX : Data format error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurm3451

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Problem after software update on MicroX : Data format error Reply with quote

Hello,

Using my Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 I preformed the software update for my MicroX, updating to most recent version 1.1.15. Shortly before completion of the update process the process failed, showing a data format error and the connection was lost. Sad

1. When I now try to boot the MicroX it's showing eternally the message Starting System ...
2. Power up with holding down Page- and Page+ shows the message Waiting for the data from USB, Data format error, >>USB MIDI VERSION Up MODE >>
3. The update programm detects version 1.1.15 so it says software is up to date, no update needed, the update button is inactiv
4. Powerup holding MENU/OK and PAGE+ -> Starting System ...
5. Powerup holding EXIT/CANCEL and GLOBAL -> Starting System ...

Does anyone has a hint how I can bring the MicroX back to factory settings in order to restart the update process ?

Thanks and best regards
Andreas
skywalkman-GB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem after software update on MicroX : Data format er Reply with quote

lurm3451 wrote:
Hello,

Using my Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.8 I preformed the software update for my MicroX, updating to most recent version 1.1.15. Shortly before completion of the update process the process failed, showing a data format error and the connection was lost. Sad

1. When I now try to boot the MicroX it's showing eternally the message Starting System ...
2. Power up with holding down Page- and Page+ shows the message Waiting for the data from USB, Data format error, >>USB MIDI VERSION Up MODE >>
3. The update programm detects version 1.1.15 so it says software is up to date, no update needed, the update button is inactiv
4. Powerup holding MENU/OK and PAGE+ -> Starting System ...
5. Powerup holding EXIT/CANCEL and GLOBAL -> Starting System ...

Does anyone has a hint how I can bring the MicroX back to factory settings in order to restart the update process ?

Thanks and best regards
Andreas

Sounds goosed that mate, If you start a bois update to a motherboard and you loose power its bust and thats it

My guess is you would need to get a new replacement rom chip with the software on from korg, But i bet its a nightmare trying to get one of those though

Good luck
Corsair DDR3 1600 6GB
Asus P6t Deluxe v2
V8 cpu cooler+artic silver
Coolermaster stacker 830
Corsair Hypertx 1000 PSU
Logitek G15 Keyboard v1
Logitek G5 mouse
BenQ E2220HD 1080P monitor
Korg Micro X
lurm3451

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. i tried to contact Korg technical support here, so far no reply, but we'll see ...

I did not lost hope yet Wink

Regards
Andreas
djtruju

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know the outcome, i have come across the same problem with mine,
djtruju

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: THE FIX Reply with quote

Heres, the fix , i reinstalled a previous update and my micro x came back to life.

In order to do this you must do a Force Update , its in the drop down Options menu.

Try this force update with the new update first, didn't work on mine. Korg Product Support suggested that I take it in to a service center. Then I went back to a previous update 1.01 and all is good again.

Very Happy
lurm3451

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: THE FIX Reply with quote

djtruju wrote:
... Try this force update with the new update first ...

This worked on mine, so my MicroX is back to life Very Happy

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: