Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone getting a lot of crashes and having to reboot a lot?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundsailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Anyone getting a lot of crashes and having to reboot a lot? Reply with quote

I know this baby has a motherboard like a PC, I've seen the pics of the insides but it also acts like one, it's malfunctioning a lot and needing to be rebooted just like a PC. Sometimes a program will just loose 80% of it's volume, or the sustain will freeze on and today I booted it up played for a few minutes left and came back and no sound. All of the above is fixed with a simple reboot but this is NEW to me for a synth.

Going to have to change my work flow to saving all the time like doing computer graphics so I don't loose hours of work.

Anyone else going through this?

Last edited by soundsailer on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not one crash. I've discovered a bug so far thats been corrected for future os. if i were you ide return it and get a new one.

or just wait for the new OS. I heard a rumor its coming on the 8th!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a single crash here
soundsailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
not one crash. I've discovered a bug so far thats been corrected for future os. if i were you ide return it and get a new one.

or just wait for the new OS. I heard a rumor its coming on the 8th!

A new OS in 4 days !! I hope they give us back our velocity meters and include USB midi support.

Man I don't have my box anymore my goat ate it believe it or not. And I can only imagine the hassle and expense shipping it back.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Man I don't have my box anymore my goat ate it

That's the best excuse ever! Very Happy

jg::
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I'd swear that the volume shifted a few times the first week, no crashes. I changed the touch sensitivity to a lighter touch and the abnormality has not re-occured in the last few weeks. The problem could have been me, playing style or bumping the Vector stick
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2

Last edited by JPWC on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a lot of crashes and having to reboot a l Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:
I know this baby has a motherboard like a PC, I've seen the pics of the insides but it also acts like one, it's malfunctioning a lot and needing to be rebooted just like a PC. Sometimes a program will just loose 80% of it's volume, or the sustain will freeze on and today I booted it up played for a few minutes left and came back and no sound. All of the above is fixed with a simple reboot but this is NEW to me for a synth.

Going to have to change my work flow to saving all the time like doing computer graphics so I don't loose hours of work.

Volume changing sounds to me like the vector joystick may be getting moved accidentally.

Sustain staying on is most likely the known sustain-pedal issue with KARMA, for which a fix should be available in the future. In the meantime, the workaround is to avoid GEs which send CC#64 data.

To reset the vector joystick, just change sounds or hold RESET CONTROLS and move the joystick a bit. To free a stuck sustain pedal, just change sounds twice.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. For what it's worth, none of these sound like crashes.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No crashes or lock ups here ....
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gribs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No crashes and no lockups. Many evenings spent fiddling around and trying to get the hang of programming the various Exi's (synths mostly).
Roland RD700-GX
NI Komplete, Kore, Maschine
Eurorack modular that never ceases to grow
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a lot of crashes and having to reboot a l Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Volume changing sounds to me like the vector joystick may be getting moved accidentally.

Sustain staying on is most likely the known sustain-pedal issue with KARMA, for which a fix should be available in the future. In the meantime, the workaround is to avoid GEs which send CC#64 data.

To reset the vector joystick, just change sounds or hold RESET CONTROLS and move the joystick a bit. To free a stuck sustain pedal, just change sounds twice.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. For what it's worth, none of these sound like crashes.

- Dan

when the sound goes out across the whole board on all modes that's a crash, but the volume drop might have been a vector touch by accident I guess, it happened twice, I changed programs and the volume returned. I wasn't aware of a glitch in the sustain pedal, that's happening ALL the time, I unplug the pedal and it's still locked up. But I've had other things happen, I guess I should have been taking notes but I'm to busy working on my music .............
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a lot of crashes and having to reboot a l Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:
ut I've had other things happen, I guess I should have been taking notes but I'm to busy working on my music .............

It's in the benefit for everybody if you make clear in which cases it crashes. For Korg so they can work on a solution (assuming it's a real crash), for you to have the solution and for everybody else to prevent the problem (or know what caused it).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a lot of crashes and having to reboot a l Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
soundsailer wrote:
ut I've had other things happen, I guess I should have been taking notes but I'm to busy working on my music .............

It's in the benefit for everybody if you make clear in which cases it crashes. For Korg so they can work on a solution (assuming it's a real crash), for you to have the solution and for everybody else to prevent the problem (or know what caused it).

Well to start with yesterday I turn it on played a piano patch, left the room came back and there was no sound, I changed patches and modes no sound could be found, I checked the mixer, etc. then after I rebooted the Kronos the sound came back. Not much else to say about that one.

I will take note of the details of the next one for ya.........
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's your goat messing with you...he did eat the box afterall. That could have been just the first step in his master plan to freak you out :shifty-eyes:
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. It sounds like it might be good to contact your Korg distributor's product support department. For contact info, see the link in my signature.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
Maybe it's your goat messing with you...he did eat the box afterall. That could have been just the first step in his master plan to freak you out :shifty-eyes:

you could be right, he is a bad egg and can't be trusted, I'll keep my eye on him Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: