Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

control pedals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a product called MIDI MOUSE which has UP and DOWN as well as the ability to display the active patch number:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIMouse/

Last edited by PianoManChuck on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has done a You tube video on setting up the Beringer 1010 to an Oasys to control the karma switches and other controllers i believe...this was done quite some time ago though.

Is it possible to switch drum trak on/off with a foot switch. I looked in the User manual but couldnt find anything.

Regards
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 That is something that I would like to know also. Smile
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
Someone has done a You tube video on setting up the Beringer 1010 to an Oasys to control the karma switches and other controllers i believe...this was done quite some time ago though.

Is it possible to switch drum trak on/off with a foot switch. I looked in the User manual but couldnt find anything.

Regards
Billy
I think that this is only possible via SysEx, And I don't think the behringer supports that?

Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
There's a product called MIDI MOUSE which has UP and DOWN as well as the ability to display the active patch number:

Can anyone confirm that one is actually working for the Kronos?
up AND down sets?

TIA
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
I am a mechanical engineer but electrical things I'm a bit fuzzy on. I have mine working off a switch pedal for program UP. To reverse that (i.e. program DOWN) I think the polarity would need switching from Negative to Positive. How that is done quickly and easily I'm not sure.

I don't think it is so easy ... in the global menu you can set the switch to either global up and down. Normally you can only use one switch so it's not a problem. However, when using a MIDI pedal you can sent multiple CC messages. And the problem is that you only can set one CC to either program(patch) UP or DOWN. There should actually be two CC numbers for that.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:

Can anyone confirm that one is actually working for the Kronos?
up AND down sets?

TIA

Theoretically it works, it has probably a memory for the current program so each time you hit one of the button it increases/decreases the current program and sends a program change with the current patch number.

However, I think $109 is quite a bit for something that is 'almost' possible already ... besides I already have a Behringer which is big so I don't want yet another switch; that's why I have the Behringer.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Theoretically it works...

You see that's my problem. I already purchased a while ago some switches that was suppose to do the trick, it never did. I don't want to buy something that won't work again.

Even the peps owning a FCB1010 can't confirm it can do up and down prgm change. I really like this pedal board, I could find many uses for it, if only I knew that it does the trick.

The MIDI MOUSE appears to be what I'm looking for, but I want a confirmation first.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Theoretically it works...

The MIDI MOUSE appears to be what I'm looking for, but I want a confirmation first.

Me too!
Bart S.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: control pedals Reply with quote

awake21 wrote:
how can i have the same set up for pedals, like jordan rudess?
he has 4 pedal, one damper, one program change, and two for effects, but this machin has only three connectors.

Are you shure, that Jordan has two pedals for effects? Back in Oasys times, he had two damper pedals (because of his rotating stand - so, he could use it in various positions). But I don't know if this works just with a simple Y-adapter...
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: control pedals Reply with quote

Bart S. wrote:
awake21 wrote:
how can i have the same set up for pedals, like jordan rudess?
he has 4 pedal, one damper, one program change, and two for effects, but this machin has only three connectors.

Are you shure, that Jordan has two pedals for effects? Back in Oasys times, he had two damper pedals (because of his rotating stand - so, he could use it in various positions). But I don't know if this works just with a simple Y-adapter...

While a bit dated, here is the walkthrough of JR's equipment during the Kurz days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Aob__CEC5w&feature=related

I'm going to check with the JR forums to see about his current pedal setup and how he does it.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the K2600 has more pedal input ports than the Kronos. I can't find a good picture of the back, but I believe it's the same as what's on my PC361. I have 3 footswitch and 2 expression pedal inputs. That's one thing I really wish the Kronos (and other boards) had more of. I would love to have a dedicated Leslie pedal along with a program change pedal without the need for running something via midi.

::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: