Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Word on the release of 1.5?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of us has the slightest idea, what is causing the delay, so specualting doesn't help. Of course the programmers should take the time they need - but what prevents Korg from updating their pages and keep us users halfway informed???

Communication should not be restricted to generating some hype - it should really continue to inform users, and rather not show things like a passed release date of mid october on the 3rd of November.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
None of us has the slightest idea, what is causing the delay, so specualting doesn't help. Of course the programmers should take the time they need - but what prevents Korg from updating their pages and keep us users halfway informed???

Communication should not be restricted to generating some hype - it should really continue to inform users, and rather not show things like a passed release date of mid october on the 3rd of November.

Yes, agreed. Just hope its not the same people who do the software programs.

Attention to detail.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both of you. However, it occurred to me that maybe Korg does not know when it will be completely ready. There might have been a couple of issues with it that they assumed would be easy fixes and maybe they were not. At least the speculation, or the ability to have a forum like this, is somewhat cathartic. Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennyC wrote:
I agree with both of you. However, it occurred to me that maybe Korg does not know when it will be completely ready. There might have been a couple of issues with it that they assumed would be easy fixes and maybe they were not. At least the speculation, or the ability to have a forum like this, is somewhat cathartic. Smile

Creating software mostly is difficult to plan, especially for bug fixing.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jick wrote:
[I find it highly unlikely that Korg will decide to install an additional 2 GB of sample RAM

I am not so sure for two reasons:
1) With the Triton Studio, Korg eventually installed larger hard drives, but they did not advertise this
2) Since the Kronos memory addition really isn't user installable (no convenient access panel, etc.), Korg may decide to add the memory at the factory.

If Korg does start manufacturing Kronos keyboards with extra memory already installed, I would not expect them to announce this fact. They don't want to make any existing inventory out there obsolete.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend waiting to buy, since you would have no way of knowing if and when Korg would start adding the extra memory at the factory.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Mike-pol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Well, I have Kronos for a few months now, but reading some posts I start to regret that I bouth it so fast - do you really think next items will have more memory installed in the factory?
Mike
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing a Kronos for some months, you seriously consider it would be better not playing it at all and wait many months for a possible (not even confirmed) update of something which costs less than 100 €???

You must be joking.
Phabius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm anxiously waiting for the update.

With thousands of DX7 original sounds and my own MOD-7, AL-1 and other EX-i Programs, I just don't have where to load them without affecting the original Combis which sound so cool. Extra empty banks are very welcome for me. I barely use factory programs with my band, but I'd like to keep the originals for the other jobs I do, like jingles and multimedia production where you must be fast and have good basic sounds ready for action.

And I don't have enough RAM to load the tons of Akai sounds I have been using for years. Extra RAM is a must have for me.
Got a series of upcoming concerts to deal with, and so many custom sounds to put into the Kronos, specially samples.

Hope it comes soon!!!
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phabius wrote:
I'm anxiously waiting for the update.

With thousands of DX7 original sounds and my own MOD-7, AL-1 and other EX-i Programs, I just don't have where to load them without affecting the original Combis which sound so cool. Extra empty banks are very welcome for me. I barely use factory programs with my band, but I'd like to keep the originals for the other jobs I do, like jingles and multimedia production where you must be fast and have good basic sounds ready for action.

And I don't have enough RAM to load the tons of Akai sounds I have been using for years. Extra RAM is a must have for me.
Got a series of upcoming concerts to deal with, and so many custom sounds to put into the Kronos, specially samples.

Hope it comes soon!!!

There are enough programs you can remove without ruining combis. Use PCG Tools to generate a list which programs are used by combis in an instant.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
synthetic-paradise

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno what to say about korg ..... i guess there like any other typical multi national company.. very good at talking to talk and hpye things up to the mass, but when it comes to the crunch. take a long time to deliver!!

SF
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to wait and see how it all works before I jump in. I've seen updates in other situations that made the product worse than before the installation. Not that all that Korg is saying is bad, I just want to see what and if the bugs are first.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Phabius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are enough programs you can remove without ruining combis. Use PCG Tools to generate a list which programs are used by combis in an instant.

That's what I'm doing Smile
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phabius wrote:
Quote:

That's what I'm doing Smile

Thanks ... I send a copy this morning ... good luck and if you have any questions/remarks, please let me know (by mail or directly in the PCG Tools thread, since I follow that one).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: