Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new kronos on the way

View previous topic :: View next topic  
countrycreek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: new kronos on the way Reply with quote

Hi just ordered a new kronos I have 1 question while playing a sequence will I be able to play the organ with a split keyboard(upper and lower manual) from the keyboard.The reason I ask is so I can sell my hammond xm-1 . thanks

km 200 Hartke (2)
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: new kronos on the way Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
countrycreek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks that's great news

km 200 Hartke (2)
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing, aka replaced an XM-1 with Kronos... I replaced 3 different sound sources (Yamaha S90, Fantom XR and Hammond XM-1) with the Kronos, allow me to share my experiences...

First of all, you're going to love the organ sounds in the Kronos and wonder why you liked the XM-1 sounds in the first place... Wink

- You'll probably need to create combis for each song, or at least for each combination of sounds and layer/splits you wish to use.
- I'd recommend creating combis for each song, because I started making "general" combis's, ie. Piano & Brass, Piano & Organ, Piano/Pad & Organ, etc ... Problem is that re-using them was hard because there were always small differences even when you use the same sounds (ie. volume balance). I'm in the process of changing that so each song has its own combi
- You can also bind a different MIDI channel to a timbre, so you can use a slave MIDI controller as a second keyboard. You can actually connect a USB Powered MIDI controller, that saves you a cable...
- Note that the controllers on the Kronos can't control a timbre that is listening on a different channel. So, if you bind your organ sound to the external keyboard, you need to control the faders, rotary on/off etc through that keyboard as well.
- Many of the programs also use IFX (insert effects). If you select a sound in one of the combi timbres, those IFX settings aren't present, and it may sound different. Use the topright menu to "import a program", which allows you to import the IFX, TFX and MFX settings as well

Good luck with your Kronos!

Kind regards,
Mathew
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:

- You'll probably need to create combis for each song, or at least for each combination of sounds and layer/splits you wish to use.
- I'd recommend creating combis for each song, because I started making "general" combis's, ie. Piano & Brass, Piano & Organ, Piano/Pad & Organ, etc ... Problem is that re-using them was hard because there were always small differences even when you use the same sounds (ie. volume balance). I'm in the process of changing that so each song has its own combi

First congratulations for your new Kronos.

About the remark above, currently I also have general combis and I have the same problem.

What you can do is make general combis but only use them as template for a combis specific for a song (so copy it from one location to another). I.e. use Combi bank U-A for general combis and U-B... for your specific combis (one per song).

Probably I'm going to add a function in PCG Tools to easily convert this (i.e. auto copying programs/combis used in a set list to certain locations).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

I.e. use Combi bank U-A for general combis and U-B... for your specific combis (one per song).

Probably I'm going to add a function in PCG Tools to easily convert this (i.e. auto copying programs/combis used in a set list to certain locations).

Or even better, use categories and subcategories... Much more convenient Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

I.e. use Combi bank U-A for general combis and U-B... for your specific combis (one per song).

Or even better, use categories and subcategories... Much more convenient Smile

I assume in the editor that Korg will make categories can be changed, on the other hand, probably it cannot do multiple changes (i.e. convert a set of patches to another category).

So thank you for thinking ... I will add it to the wish list.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: