Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Kronos 61 Reply with quote

I bought one! Very Happy
Lost several hours last night to it's incredible sounds.

Unfortunately I have to rehearse for the rest of the weekend with my existing gear, so won't be playing the K.

OS is still on 1.0.7.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!!! Smile
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
LivePsy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Upgrade to 1.6.0 right away and then you have plenty of empty banks for so much extra stuff out there Very Happy
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: More Banks? Reply with quote

LivePsy wrote:

Quote:
Congratulations! Upgrade to 1.6.0 right away and then you have plenty of empty banks for so much extra stuff out there

Does this mean that OS 1.6.0 gives more banks than 1.5.0?
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
robbie50

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: More Banks? Reply with quote

JPROBERTLA wrote:
LivePsy wrote:

Quote:
Congratulations! Upgrade to 1.6.0 right away and then you have plenty of empty banks for so much extra stuff out there

Does this mean that OS 1.6.0 gives more banks than 1.5.0?

No!But he said;
OS is still on 1.0.7.

So new OS has more banks! 1.50 or 1.60

rob
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS 1.5 added the banks AA to GG

Not sure if you have to go from 1.0.7 to 1.5 and then 1.6 - probably not since 1.6 proably is 1.5 plus the additional features.

Upgrading is certainly worth doing and only takes a few minutes once youve downloaded the files.

Congratualtions on buying the K61 - I love mine. One thing for you to check out too is Korg Patches since there is a lot of free stuff there. But of course play with the factory presets too since they are pretty cool straight out of the box!

You have a bit of a learning curve ahead, but well worth the effort.

Have fun!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I already have some of my stuff for the Radias uploaded to KorgPatches. Not sure if the Radias will be staying yet.

I have noticed that the fan in my K61 is much more audible than on the 73 in display - or perhaps it was just more apparent in my living room. I'm not too bothered as I'm mainly doing electronic stuff and my MacBook fan is still louder(!)

Other thing I noticed is that the 61 action is not 'springy' but quite 'hard', which is not what I'm used to and had to set the vel curve to 5 but now feel I'm missing some dynamic range. The keys do however feel great and very solid and professional - I'm sure I'll get used to them just a it took me a month or so to get used to the really springy keys on the Karma.

Wish I could be playing it right now but there's a complex gig to prepare for!

I will be updating the OS as soon as I get a chance to set it up properly.

I've actually found the UI quite intuitive - I've been using the TR and KARMA for ages and have spent some time with the M3, Triton Classic, demoed the OASYS once or twice. I am overwhelmed by all of the possibilities though! Despite not being fussed by the piano engines, they are rather beautiful to play and it'll be nice to have such a great piano sound to go to when I occasionally do need it.

I'm going to be duplicating patches in the near future from my Karma, Radias, MS2000, so I'll try to share them - I'm a prolific patcher! Wink

Really looking forward to spending time with it when this week is over.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear your radias stuff ported over. I liked the set your posted a while back, used a few of the sounds in my day to day use when I had the radias.

You will find al1 being more than adequate to duplicate the sounds. You may actually like it better... If you're looking for all the wave shaping fx, use al 1 routed into mod 7, there's about 30more options than the radias's three!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
Can't wait to hear your radias stuff ported over. I liked the set your posted a while back, used a few of the sounds in my day to day use when I had the radias.

You will find al1 being more than adequate to duplicate the sounds. You may actually like it better... If you're looking for all the wave shaping fx, use al 1 routed into mod 7, there's about 30more options than the radias's three!

Thanks robinhood.
If there are any particular patches you like then let me know and I'll have a look at them first (after my band specific stuff of course).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: