Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you could pick a colour ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What colour?
Black
78%
 78%  [ 30 ]
Silver
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 38

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it might be dangerous to have multiple colors ... in no time your wife wants to decide the color of your synth ... and chances are you have a baby blue or pink Kronos on stage.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want blue to match the Oberheim OB-12 that I sold like an idiot a couple years ago.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music

Last edited by jeebustrain on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
brimoore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Color-full! Reply with quote

I prefer brightly colored things - here's a nice happy orange! Too Waldorf-ian?

orangekronos_main by brimoore99, on Flickr

My treatment in GIMP does not do the possibility justice Smile
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spacenorman wrote:
Pick a color? You gotta be kidding! I gave that up years ago! Been married long enough to say that I ain't picked a color in more than a quarter century!

I am SOOOOO with you on that one! Laughing
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything but black.

I was disappointed that the M50-73 wasn't available in the other colors of the 61. The M50 was particularly bad in less that ideal lighting, it was nearly impossible to quickly find the black buttons on the black background.

All the other colors were better. I might have gone for the yellow for maximum readability, but I have a feeling I would have gone for the green for the nicer aesthetics. Even though it's a dark green, I think even that much increased contrast compared to black-on-black would have been a significant improvement.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Kronos a simple USB led light can be used if you need more light.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DocBambs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did vote silver, but only because I think the black is dull. I have a Triton Classic and it does look a little too flash for my liking. I played at church this morning and put the Triton on top of the Korg C520 and it looks rather too like a toy. (No complaints when it's used though - the organs and synth sounds were great this morning.)

I liked the blue of the Triton Extreme and would have been happy with that (or even a dark green variation).

A lot of my (non-keyboard) friends ask why I don't have a red keyboard - Nord seem to be very popular for live use at the moment.

What about sticking with black but the KORG logo on the back lighting up like the Apple logo on Macbooks?

Slightly off topic, but how many of us cover the brand when we play, especially if we aren't endorsed by Korg (if only...)?

DB
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never do cover the brand label.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: