Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(minor) bug in OS - changing bank references?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: (minor) bug in OS - changing bank references? Reply with quote

Hi Dan and others

I might have found a bug in the OS (I use 1.6.0). While rearranging my programs and combis (moving a complete program bank e.g from U-BB to U-FF, by loading individual banks from a previous backup) and using the "Change all bank reference" tool in the Global Page Menu Command, I found that references in Set Lists to Programs and Combis that I just moved are note changed (the "change bank references" tool works well for program references inside combis, so it does what it claims).

If confirmed by others, it might be good to add in the next OS version a "Set List" box in the "Change all bank references tool" in addition to the existing boxes for Combinations and Songs.

I had to change my existing setlist references now manually, which in my case was changing things only 6-7 times, so no major problem, but implementing the change would be an improvement.

Thanks in advance

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to publish this feature in PCG Tools soon.

With that feature you also can move only some programs (changing references from combis/set lists) and moving combis (changing references from set lists).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel

That's great, and I'm looking forward to that option in PCGTools.

Issue stays that the current (OS 1.6) implemenation of the "change bank references" in Global model does a part of the job only. It does change references correctly for Programs, Combi's and Songs, but does not provide an option for Set List

Maybe it is more an item for the wish list than a real bug..

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: