Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So for those of you that have 3.25 GB RAM.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: So for those of you that have 3.25 GB RAM..... Reply with quote

Though it's not officially supported, have you had ANY problems with it? Are you on the latest OS? Have you managed to (Even as just a test) managed to load ALL of it and have it accessible/usable?

I will be upgrading RAM in the near future, and am curious of your results.

Thanks!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 4 GB in it since I got the Kronos. Worked fine on every OS since the beginning - including 1.5.2 which is the latest official version right now. I don't sample very much. I'm using it mainly to load all the libraries at bootup.

My 2nd 2GB stick is the exact same make/model of what was in it stock.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
DrpC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, McHale. Thanks for your time and support.

Can you please tell us what is in the latest release of 1.5.2 since it's an official version (although, I can't seem to find it on the Korg website) ?

Just curious what has been added or changed since KRONOS System Version 1.5.0 ?

Thanks again in advance
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5.2 really only adds support for the new RH3 keybeds. I don't believe it adds any new features or bug fixes. A thread about a 1.6 that is coming soon has a video that says will add support for the new editor coming out with it. If you have 1.5, you're good to go. 1.5.2 is only installed by authorized service centers with the new RH3 keybed.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Cpilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally added 2GB but had one or two problems, like a popup box freezing. So I took it out and replaced it with a 1GB version of the factory installed memory. No more problems. So it could have been 2GB or the fact that the memory was different from the factory type. In any case, Korg recommends 1GB so maybe they have reasoning behind it that we don't know about. Can't remember whether the problems occurred with 1.0.4 or 1.5.

Bryan
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm asking here is has anyone been able to effectively/reliably use that extra .25 GB of RAM? Since that can be the difference between loading a couple extra libraries, I'd love to know!
popmann

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked recently and was pointed to old tests that said no...still only uses 3. So, I've decided to just put the recommended 1gb stick in...getting that DONE locally, has proved more of a challenge.
jimiki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
1.5.2 really only adds support for the new RH3 keybeds. I don't believe it adds any new features or bug fixes. A thread about a 1.6 that is coming soon has a video that says will add support for the new editor coming out with it. If you have 1.5, you're good to go. 1.5.2 is only installed by authorized service centers with the new RH3 keybed.

So 1.5.2 is not an official release?? Crying or Very sad
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimiki wrote:
McHale wrote:

It does not matter, if you haven't the new keybed, it probably will not make any difference between 1.5 and 1.5.2.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimiki wrote:
McHale wrote:

It *IS* an official release but not for public consumption. It adds no additional features of functionality over 1.5 if you didn't get the new keybed. Besides, a new OS is rumored to be released soon (according to a Korg rep in a video) that offers new features that will trump 1.5.2 anyway. Smile
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
What I'm asking here is has anyone been able to effectively/reliably use that extra .25 GB of RAM? Since that can be the difference between loading a couple extra libraries, I'd love to know!

Getting back on topic... NuSkool - Unfortunately I don't yet have enough in the way of libraries to try (I only have a max of 760MB at the moment). I'll see if I can create some others to see if it does load into the extra .25GB
joe in VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an additional 2GB stick in mine like McHale. The system memory shown on the global menu is 3.25 Gb.

The available memory for sampling (from sampling:recording tab) is shown as "11958.0sec (1121,064kbyte)". This is with system 1.5.0 and the factory preload. No additional samples or libraries loaded. Hope this helps.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has anyone managed to load past 3gb?
cyeutter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: 2 - 2GB Samsung Memory sticks Reply with quote

I replaced the existing Hynix DIMM with a pair of Samsung M379T5663FB3-CF7 2GB DIMMs. The Kronos booted up fine and reported 3.25 GB of RAM. Then I noticed that my user samples hadn't loaded. When I tried to manually load them I got a memory load error and following that, very few of the factory samples were available including the pianos.
A reboot brought the factory sounds back but my user samples still would not load.
I removed the new memory, replaced the original DIMM and all is well.
On the plus side, I became fast and efficient in removing and replacing the 27 screws that fasten the back panel.
OS ver 1.04
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2 - 2GB Samsung Memory sticks Reply with quote

cyeutter wrote:

OS ver 1.04

I believe this is the issue. Additional RAM not supported with this version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: