Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos problem RH3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erik_

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos problem RH3 Reply with quote

Hi all.
I am new to the forum, and new owner of a korg kronos 88. I have problems in the RH3 cutoff. But I'm from Argentina and servicing told me not getting the replacement keybed. It will change other internal parts but not the entire keybed. Another kronos fixed it this way?

Thank you. I apologize. Do not use English. I am using the translator.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the beginning, Korg was simply replacing the keybed. However, they found that replacing the rubbers could fix the problem without having to change the whole keybed itself.

So don't worry if Korg Argentina only change the rubbers, it should fix the problem just as well.
erik_

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply! I hope my kronos is firmly fixed. I had little time before returning it. I remain eager to continue testing it. Before your answer I was already changing plans for a 61. Thank you again.
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erik_ wrote:
Thanks for your reply! I hope my kronos is firmly fixed. I had little time before returning it. I remain eager to continue testing it. Before your answer I was already changing plans for a 61. Thank you again.

Hey i'm sorry for your problem... could you tell me your kronos' serial number please??? just curious... thanks!

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
theo73

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are folks still getting brand new Kronos with this problem? Why are they still on the market being sold as new and not recalled?

<end>
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theo73 wrote:
Why are folks still getting brand new Kronos with this problem? Why are they still on the market being sold as new and not recalled?

<end>

that's why i keep asking for serial number... there are thousands of kronos out there, and before the issue was fixed, there are lots of kronos in stock... so they keep selling the faulty unit, and offered a contact replacement for users who get caught in the problem...

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1jordyzzz wrote:
theo73 wrote:

<end>

that's why i keep asking for serial number... there are thousands of kronos out there, and before the issue was fixed, there are lots of kronos in stock... so they keep selling the faulty unit, and offered a contact replacement for users who get caught in the problem...

Probably a lot of sellers do not even know about this p roblem and therefor do not order/ask for the fix, meaning that users buying a Kronos find out mostly after buying. Luckily it is still free to get the fix but it adds some delay.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
theo73

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just not true. Retailers know all too well of the RH3 problem. There have been so many returned units that sellers are actually not stocking and are discouraging the sale of new units. Trying to lead buyers to sales that will not result in returns and warranty repairs.

It may be free for the end user, beyond the inconvenience of not being able to use their new purchase while it's being repaired. Which, by the way is a major inconvenience! The last thing you want from a new purchase is immediate servicing!

Now, that's just the end user perspective. This is no picnic for the sellers either. A lot of paperwork, return authorizations, etc. It's the last thing a retailer needs to deal with on a consistent basis. Even worse for the small shops with limited personnel.

So again, my point is just this: Why are there still defective units being sold as new? Why have not ALL units behind a questionable serial number, only known to Korg (big secret) been recalled?

Defend it all you want. If a business model does not change within Korg Japan, you are all out of continued support from the manufacturer.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67537
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: