Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

errata in the manuals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksi

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: errata in the manuals Reply with quote

It might be helpful to have a thread that mentions errors in any of the many manuals for the KRONOS - this may avoid confusion for others when reading in the manual - and I can also start to report one:

In the Parameter Guide (for OS version 1.5) on page 513 Sequencer P0: Play/REC in section 0­1a: Location, Song/Track Select the clock tick range for Location is documented as 000...191. However, on my KRONOS the range is actually 000...480, corresponing to 480 PPQN.

I got quite confused for a while by this, because I saw the 000...480 range in the MIDI Event Edit window, and I thought for quite a while, that the Location indicator on the main page runs with a different resolution Embarassed, which is not the case, of course.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an error that has been carried over from the OASYS manual - the OASYS has 192 ppq; the Kronos was upgraded to 480ppq.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errors in manuals should (also) be forwarded to Dan Philips which handles the documentation (at least for the Kronos).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cpilot

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to point out errors in the documentation but I've never had an acknowledgement. If you send emails to people at Korg they often get lost in the spam trap so they never get seen. Maybe they don't want to know.

Bryan
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpilot wrote:
I've been trying to point out errors in the documentation but I've never had an acknowledgement. If you send emails to people at Korg they often get lost in the spam trap so they never get seen. Maybe they don't want to know.

Bryan

I know from experience that Dan Philips acknowledged my mail when I sent him some errors in the MIDI documentation. Afaik it has been fixed some time later in the next version (OS1.6 documentation).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: errata in the manuals Reply with quote

ksi wrote:
It might be helpful to have a thread that mentions errors in any of the many manuals for the KRONOS - this may avoid confusion for others when reading in the manual - and I can also start to report one:

In the Parameter Guide (for OS version 1.5) on page 513 Sequencer P0: Play/REC in section 0­1a: Location, Song/Track Select the clock tick range for Location is documented as 000...191. However, on my KRONOS the range is actually 000...480, corresponing to 480 PPQN.

I got quite confused for a while by this, because I saw the 000...480 range in the MIDI Event Edit window, and I thought for quite a while, that the Location indicator on the main page runs with a different resolution Embarassed, which is not the case, of course.

Thanks; I've fixed this now, along with a few other similar instances.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: