Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question: Will there be a tool to create EXi's on our own ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRedZac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Question: Will there be a tool to create EXi's on our own ? Reply with quote

I wonder, since Korg told us about that we will be able to stream Samples from internal SSD with 2.0, if there will be a tool to create custom EXi Packs ?
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is no info about it.

Besides, it is much more difficult to create an EXi than samples.

Although it should not be impossible, meaning if Korg would create a DIY, I don't think there will be many people capable of creating an EXi that works together with the rest of the Kronos system and be robust.

Also, it would take Korg a major time in making software interfaces to make this possible probably. Or at least, to split the parts they want to keep hidden from competitors and free interfacing.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's leave the production of new exciting and breathtaking EXi:s to Korg, I'm sure they have a few up their electronic sleeves! Wink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curvebender wrote:
Let's leave the production of new exciting and breathtaking EXi:s to Korg, I'm sure they have a few up their electronic sleeves! Wink

I am sure, actually I hope they spend much development time to EXis, because that is their real core business (at least for the software development).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the OP meant EXs as a Sample Library, not an EXi Engine.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curvebender wrote:

No way. Though Korg is quite capable, if there's access to those tools, I WANT IT!

I already have ideas of bringing in phase coherent room mics, etc...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
curvebender wrote:

No way. Though Korg is quite capable, if there's access to those tools, I WANT IT!

I already have ideas of bringing in phase coherent room mics, etc...

I think it would take Korg a lot of effort to make it possible and make sure people can only write robust EXis. Otherwise Korg will be blamed for it Smile

burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to understand what more is being asked for than what has been promised with 2.0.

"User Sample Banks bring the benefits of KORG’s EXs to your own custom sample libraries. You can load and play many gigabytes of your custom or converted samples at once, using the internal SSD. Disk and memory management is also improved: you can create subsets of User Sample Banks, and mix and match parts of different banks, without duplicating samples on disk. It’s also easy to share sounds with friends and collaborators, since Programs, Wave Sequences, and Drum Kits maintain links to User Sample Banks even when samples are moved on disk or loaded onto a different KRONOS instrument. "

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
I'm trying to understand what more is being asked for than what has been promised with 2.0.

"User Sample Banks bring the benefits of KORG’s EXs to your own custom sample libraries. You can load and play many gigabytes of your custom or converted samples at once, using the internal SSD. Disk and memory management is also improved: you can create subsets of User Sample Banks, and mix and match parts of different banks, without duplicating samples on disk. It’s also easy to share sounds with friends and collaborators, since Programs, Wave Sequences, and Drum Kits maintain links to User Sample Banks even when samples are moved on disk or loaded onto a different KRONOS instrument. "

Busch.

Cool. I havebn't seen that. Personally, I'm speaking in the context that the sample libraries (like Karo) are EXis so to speak, so I'm hoping we have access to the same tools etc...
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:

Cool. I havebn't seen that. Personally, I'm speaking in the context that the sample libraries (like Karo) are EXis so to speak, so I'm hoping we have access to the same tools etc...

As BasariStudios wrote, it sounds like you're talking about EXs samples. ("EXi" refers to synth engines, and that seems to have caused some confusion in this thread.)

EXs are designed for commercial distribution of samples. The primary differences between EXs and version 2's User Sample Banks are that EXs include copy protection through the KRONOS authorization system, and cannot be edited in Sampling Mode. We're very happy to work with third-party sound developers to release their products through the Korg online store; those interested should contact me directly at dan@korgrd.com.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:

As BasariStudios wrote, it sounds like you're talking about EXs samples. ("EXi" refers to synth engines, and that seems to have caused some confusion in this thread.)

EXs are designed for commercial distribution of samples. The primary differences between EXs and version 2's User Sample Banks are that EXs include copy protection through the KRONOS authorization system, and cannot be edited in Sampling Mode. We're very happy to work with third-party sound developers to release their products through the Korg online store; those interested should contact me directly at dan@korgrd.com.

Ah yes. OK I was confusing EXs for Krs. Exi is it's own whole thing. Thanks for the clarification!
MRedZac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:

Oh, guys, I´m sorry, that was a mistake of mine - I´m just talking about the EXs as Sample Packages...
But based on this, my question has not been answered, yet. So will there be a tool to create sample packs already somewhere on the computer, or is it really nescessary to manage samples exclusively on the Kronos Display (or this creepy editor thing...) ?
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: