Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ms20ic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PB21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: ms20ic Reply with quote

Ok just got it yesterday and its connected to my focusrite saffire 40. I have installled the korg driver but how do i see it in ableton, it has not been made visible in preferences as a midi device at all. Maybe I did something wrong but I would like to send it midi signals. I havnt connected the midi in as I dont have anymore midi ports but I didnt think it would be a problem as it has usb midi.

regards in advance
plosive

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this forum may be of better help:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=38
PB21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: drivers Reply with quote

its bad as bad can be, I have uninstalled my midi interfaces and my focusrite driver then installed the korg driver. The driver says all is well and the device connected but ableton 9 suite cannot see it at all.

I thought this was the correct forum for ms20 mini.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wrote ms20ic in your subject title, which is the USB MIDI controller distributed with early versions of the Korg Legacy Collection (which included an MS20 software plugin, still available).

This forum is for the MS20 Mini; a recently released reissue of the original analog hardware at a slightly smaller size.

So, which one do you have?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
PB21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: ms20 mini with midi Reply with quote

my mistake I have the new mini. I have got it working to a degree but not with the usb driver. the DAW Ableton is sending a midi note out to my midisport in and the midisport out goes to the din midi in of the ms20 mini. now it works. I wonder if too remove the korg usb driver as I dont believe its needed. I mean it says the device is attached but Ableton and cakewalk sonar dont see the device with just the usb cable attached and I thought they would.

I suspect it has compatibility issues with Maschine and push and ultranova usb midi.
slug

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: ms20 mini with midi Reply with quote

PB21 wrote:
I suspect it has compatibility issues with Maschine and push and ultranova usb midi.

Sounds more like a user fault to me.. Have you ever connected other USB MIDI synths to Ableton?
PB21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a NI maschine connected, ultranova and ableton push all via usb midi but yes probably user error. The pc confirms connection to the ms20 mini.
PB21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed midi-ox but that cannot see it either despite the korg programs saying the driver is installed and has in/out. its certainly visible in win 8 control panel.

all the other devices show up in midi-ox along with midisport 4x4
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you check how many MIDI drivers you have in the Korg Uninstall USB MIDI Driver utility.

Any driver over index 10 will not be picked up. This is a Windows limitation.

Also Windows tends to think when you plug the same device into a different port, that it is a different device and needs another driver instance. So even with only three devices you can quickly hit the 10 MIDI device limit.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
PB21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: ms20 mini usb midi. Reply with quote

It says 18 devices of which the korg is 14.

it goes:
mid0:web cam pro 9000
2:hi def audio dev
3 saffire midi
4:saffire midi
5 usb audio device
6 emu usb midi
7:um-2g
8:ultranova
9:usb audio
10:maschine midi
11:bluetooth hands free audio
12:push
13:push
14:korg ms20
15:at2020
16:
m-audio 4x4
17:push
18:ultranova
PB21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would it be worth uninstalling all and then reinstall so there is no duplication?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. anything over nr 10 won't work. This is an MS Windows limitation.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10 device limit was supposed to have been fixed starting with Vista.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
The 10 device limit was supposed to have been fixed starting with Vista.

This is supposedly true, but the approach to fix it still often works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: