Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross amplification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
byllsong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Kross amplification Reply with quote

Hi, me again.
What are you using to hear your Kross?
Headphones, amplifier, powered speakers...other?
Billy
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Smile
At home, for practicing and programming, I'm plugging the Kross' headphone output into a Roland KC-110 amp with 2 6.5" speakers plus tweeters, and also an old Sony ghetto Blaster with a Power Drive Woofer. At gigs, I usually monitor through a Roland SA-300 amp fairly near my head, and whatever monitors the sound guys have got going. But I have to remind my bandmates that if they want to hear me, they'd better get some of me fed into their monitor boxes. - If I turn up loud enuff for them to hear me across the stage, I'll be too loud to hear them! (or else, if I point the amp away from me, I won't hear myself clearly.) It takes work!
Sometimes at home (and ALWAYS on gigs) I use the Kross' regular Line Outs, instead of the Headphone output: depending on what wires I have lying around. But on the gigs, I give the sound man a send from the Line Outs on the back of the Roland Amp. . . That way, I can mix the Kross with my other (organ) keyboard signal, the way I want it to sound IN THE AMP, kind of like a mixer, and the sound guy just has to worry about a single stereo fader for 'keyboards.' Another benefit of doing it like that, is that if I turn the amp's main volume up or down, that doesn't affect the sound guy's signal, or the Front-of-House sound level. (but changing the channel volume(s) does, so be careful.)
I've also played the Kross through a Fender Acoustasonic Jr. amp and it has nice body through that one. Louder than the Roland too. The Roland amps have a nice chorus though, even in addition to the Mfx and iFx chorus component in Kross sounds, sometimes it's really lush. But gotta be careful not to over-use that...
If I had an unlimited budget & roadies, I'd probably opt for either JBL Eon powered speakers, or the 2 Roland amps split Left and Right of me, for a glorious double-stereo Kross.
byllsong

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be using mine at home mostly. I used to have a great boombox back in the day. I'm sure it would sound great thru that.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's nice through the boom box for the 'hi-fi' clear transparent kind of sound. But through the right stage amp, it has a different, full-bodied, also good sound. The blend of the two is fun.
Hah it sounds like I'm talking about wine! Razz
studio99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And an excellent bouquet!!

Also sounds very nice through a humble Bose soundlink.
For a speaker/amp not much larger than a hardback book the soundlink provides an awesome sound for small areas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: