Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New video online- using Kross's step sequencer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: New video online- using Kross's step sequencer Reply with quote

Hi all,

We just posted a new In The Studio video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqztaxA8JQ

It's all about using Kross's step sequencer to make rhythms using an interface like a classic drum machine.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
-Rich
tommymandel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rich. I like the shortcut you mention, about holding down the SETUP Button and when one hand is doing this, the other hand can select a drum by the 16 buttons across the bottom of the panel (the "Favorites" or "Sequencer Track" buttons.) That makes switching drums much quicker when we're programming a beat.
studio99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Step Sequencer Reply with quote

Great video Rich. Thanks!

2 questions:

The Step/Beat feature at the bottom of the basic tab is confusing me. If I read the OPGuide correctly, it has to do with which beat the swing setting is applied to. That's not what I got out of the video. Could you clarify?

If I understand the system correctly, adding a drum pattern in the Step Sequencer and saving it with a Program or Combi would actually allow you to have 2 separate and distinct drum patterns to choose from for a specific voice. One called up by the drum pattern button and one by the run button in the Step Sequencer. Is that correct? That's pretty cool!!

Thanks for clarifying these 2 points!

Pat Leach / Studio99
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: