Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arturia Beatstep Pro and Volca Sample

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivander12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Arturia Beatstep Pro and Volca Sample Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I really love my new Volca Sampler, but the one-bar-limit and only ten memory slots are not that good for me. Arturia has recently announced the Beatstep Pro, so I was wondering if this thing could overcome the limitations listed above?

It would be great if anybody could tell me what I could do with the Beatstep pro, and what not. It would be awesome to be able to control/sequence everything but sample selection and the isolators, but I doubt that to be the case.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2015/01/beatstep-pro-drum-pad-sequencer-youve-waiting/
Buska

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you have the problem of midi channels for a start, the volca sample recieves midi for each sample on a different midi channel.

So you could program it using the drum seq on the beatstep and then use the other 2 channels to program synths. But you will need a midi breakout box or synths that have midi through as the beatstep pro only has 1 midi DIN out.
Olivander12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buska wrote:
Well you have the problem of midi channels for a start, the volca sample recieves midi for each sample on a different midi channel.

So you could program it using the drum seq on the beatstep and then use the other 2 channels to program synths. But you will need a midi breakout box or synths that have midi through as the beatstep pro only has 1 midi DIN out.

Thanks for your respsonse.

At the moment, I would be just fine with a Volca Sample having 64 steps and more memory slots. So if I wanted to use the Volca Sample on its own, it would be possible to program sequences with the Beatstep Pro? Would it be possible to control, for example, the sample speed via the Beatstep?
Buska

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
Buska wrote:

Thanks for your respsonse.

At the moment, I would be just fine with a Volca Sample having 64 steps and more memory slots. So if I wanted to use the Volca Sample on its own, it would be possible to program sequences with the Beatstep Pro? Would it be possible to control, for example, the sample speed via the Beatstep?

The sample edit parameters are all controllable on the volca sample, so in theory yes. You will need to check that you can program cc message changes on the drum part midi channels, if yes then it will work in theory.

One thing I've stumbled across when looking this up is there seems to be some people saying that the pitch of samples isn't controllable with midi note messages, and others saying it is??!? This has been the thing stopping me buying the volca sample so I now have to look into this more Cool
chris-korg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Korg "Speed" is Midi CC #43.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: