Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A load of issues/questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucasmdoc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: A load of issues/questions Reply with quote

First off, I would like to say that I indeed search for those issues in this and other forums and I find some threads that were inconclusive or did not answer exactly my questions (and I prefer not to revive the old posts). I also tried to search my .pdf manual with the criterias, but didn't find anything so specific as well.

I got my Korg Krome 61 for two years now, and those things always bug me, but I ignore cause was not too troublesome. Now I start to play some songs when those functionalities are causing trouble.

1. Smooth Transition
I heard the issue of smooth transition from one Combi to another, and although disappointing is acceptable, considering the 16 programs to be loaded. But still, some of my programs (usually a sound that is too much different like a String to a Synth Lead) abruptly stops or distorts in the moment of the transition (YES, PROGRAMS), also the transition with the damper pedal is totally out of question, while sustaining a sound, the moment that I change to other program, same thing happening, this time in all programs. Is there a way to got this smooth transition between the programs?

2. Annoying Velocity
When playing rapid shredding solos, is common for me play some of the notes in the middle more soft in a matter of speed, but when I do that, the song abruptly stops again and the next notes are too low and with poor quality. I downloaded a .pcg file of a 8bits like synth and I notice that the velocity don't change no matter how strong or light I play (So its possible I think?). My global settings velocity are already to 9 which helps, but didn't seen to solve it. Is there a way to fix the value of velocity on synth leads (or any other programs for this matter)? cause I really don't wanna broke the keys (already did that in another keyboard that has the same issue).

3. Sound quality on amps
This is not really a issue, I couldnt really test this, just a question that comes when I read this article:

http://www.kromecity.com/korg-krome-resources-faq-quick-help/

He claims that Krome just doesn't do well with any amps or external sounds, and is more likely to be played with headphones (which indeed is very good).

I test a bunch of amps (nothing fancy or expensive, last one was a bass amp, Onner Sniper 20 Bass which sounds good with a Yamaha Keyboard of a friend) and indeed I look that all the programs sound like the same thing, hard to notice the difference between then. Is there any external amps that you guys could recommend to at least get a good contrast between the sounds?

I'm pretty sure I got another questions, but these are what I remember so far.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by lucasmdoc on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Smooth sound transition (SST) is only available for the Kronos.
However, there are some ways to switch off/on timbres within combis to use a single combis with more possibilities.

2. I don't know about this one.

3. I doubt the Krome is not meant for amps. Probably you need a good amp, as for any synthesizer/workstation, because the frequency range of a synth is normally quite big.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lucasmdoc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Can you tell me more about it?

2. Ok, thanks.

3. Is there anyone you could recommend it?

4. Also, thanks for the support and PCG Tools, great software, essential to management of the programs o/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I don't know by head, but you can use an insert effect (like the compressor or equalizer), and use e.g. SW1 to set the dry/wet ratio to 100%, so if you press SW1 you hav e100% wet and SW1 off 0% (dry). With the compressor/eq settings set in such a way that you don't hear anything at 0% and normal sound at 100% you have like an on/off switch.

Also in the timbre midi filter settings you can select which timbres are affected by the SW1 setting.

3. I used for many years JBL Eon 10's, there are now newer ones, and the 15" sound even better but are heavier. Since shortly I use in-ear 'monitor' (actually just plug it to the headphone output) while rehearsing/gigging and I use mostly headphones at home. At home I also have some reasonably cheap KRK RP2 (I think), which are good enough for me.

4. Thanks!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lucasmdoc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think I read about this before, you mean the process described in this thread?: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=88122&sid=8559e8be3ae9e5692a8a331e1fb41822

If so, it doesn't really work, the sound abruptly stops as well, and if u have anything assigned to your SW1, you will lost the effect due to the need of his assignment to the transition to work.

3. Thanks, I will check it out those brands o/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucasmdoc wrote:
1. I think I read about this before, you mean the process described in this thread?: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=88122&sid=8559e8be3ae9e5692a8a331e1fb41822

If so, it doesn't really work, the sound abruptly stops as well, and if u have anything assigned to your SW1, you will lost the effect due to the need of his assignment to the transition to work.

3. Thanks, I will check it out those brands o/

1. It's indeed that thread procedure. However, it seems you want the effect to continue while you already switched. This is not really possible; for that you need SST (thus a Kronos).

3. You're welcome

lucasmdoc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, actually there is not a abruptly pause. Its more interesting, Let's say i'm doing a C with a piano, when a change by this SW1 method, the C will continue immediately in a Strings (Its a useful tip actually).

What I want is, made a chord with a Piano, change to next program Strings, this chord will continue normally in Piano as I hold it (manually or via damper) the next notes I press will be now Strings. I guess that's kinda impossible (As I say before, some of the programs, allows me to do this, if they are not much complex). But is impossible as we see, only Kronos may do that.

Now I'll try to look for something on the velocity problem, which is my priority now, thanks, reforming the question: If I play a key more soft, my leads get the volume to low, and lost their effects for the next keys until I hard press again, did anyone know how to got a fixed volume and effects for any velocity value (no matter how hard I play)?
lucasmdoc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solve the issue of velocity by set Velocity Intensity (In Page/AMP EQ/Amp1/2 Mod) to +00, works pretty good.

Another one that cross my mind now, maybe you guys can help:
The Synth Strings 1 (G051) got a Vibratto effect on analog joystick +Y.
There is another string that I wish to assign this effect, but I didn't seen to find in control and AMS options, closest I got is on AMS options, OSC AMS where kinda assign a pitch bend to +Y. Joytstick functions on manual just tell us about the default assignments. Is there a way to change the function of joystick in a program to whatever you like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: