Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2s Sample / Pattern Management SD-Card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lqlwle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2s Sample / Pattern Management SD-Card Reply with quote

Hey ist there somewhere a good tutorial / explanation on how to effectively manage/handle samples on a SD-card for the e2s?

If not can we maybe bring together in this thread how to do this?

I am interested in the following (I just gonna bluntly say what I would want to do – would be cool if someone would tell whether that is at all possible and either explain how i can achieve that or link to a tutorial for it):

Sample-management:

1) I want to save all the samples with which the sampler came with (to be able to get back to the way the sampler was shipped.

2) After that I want to be able to delete all the samples that I do not like / do not fit my style, thus creating a custom sample-bank by deleting stuff I don't like.

3) I want to add Samples to my sample-banks (like the one that I created by deleting some of the factory-samples in step 2w1). How does that work?

4) I want to change between my Sample-banks for a certain project.

5) I want to start a sample-bank from scratch and add Samples only if I like them for a project, thus not having cluttered sample-banks. Maybe this way one would also have way more space for longer/more custom samples?!

Pattern-management:

1p) How do I save all the patterns including the factory-presets?

2p) Can I then delete all the patterns I do not like and have several Pattern-banks that maybe only contain patterns for one specific project?

I read that some of that stuff is possible by renaming files etc... But I havent found good tutorials for this.
Maybe I am also asking the wrong questions and you guys have a different ways how to deal with these problems.

Thanks ALOT in advance!
Cade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2s Sample / Pattern Management SD-Card Reply with quote

lqlwle wrote:
Hey ist there somewhere a good tutorial / explanation on how to effectively manage/handle samples on a SD-card for the e2s?

If not can we maybe bring together in this thread how to do this?

I am interested in the following (I just gonna bluntly say what I would want to do – would be cool if someone would tell whether that is at all possible and either explain how i can achieve that or link to a tutorial for it):

Sample-management:

1) I want to save all the samples with which the sampler came with (to be able to get back to the way the sampler was shipped.

2) After that I want to be able to delete all the samples that I do not like / do not fit my style, thus creating a custom sample-bank by deleting stuff I don't like.

3) I want to add Samples to my sample-banks (like the one that I created by deleting some of the factory-samples in step 2w1). How does that work?

4) I want to change between my Sample-banks for a certain project.

5) I want to start a sample-bank from scratch and add Samples only if I like them for a project, thus not having cluttered sample-banks. Maybe this way one would also have way more space for longer/more custom samples?!

Pattern-management:

1p) How do I save all the patterns including the factory-presets?

2p) Can I then delete all the patterns I do not like and have several Pattern-banks that maybe only contain patterns for one specific project?

I read that some of that stuff is possible by renaming files etc... But I havent found good tutorials for this.
Maybe I am also asking the wrong questions and you guys have a different ways how to deal with these problems.

Thanks ALOT in advance!

1) - 3) can be handled with this --> http://www.appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/

1p) Export all the "factory preset" patterns to card (Data Utility>export all patterns), then copy the "e2spatterns.all" (I think this is what it is called) file to your computer and save it for later.

2p) and 5) yes. Info in this thread --> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=97993 may help
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
lqlwle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2s Sample / Pattern Management SD-Card Reply with quote

Cade wrote:

1) - 3) can be handled with this --> http://www.appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/

hmm argh for mac the program is 10€ -.- but it seems the only useable option for mac :-/

So basically I can prepare sample-banks on the computer or I can load them from the SD-card, but then I am kind of blind, because I can not pre-hear them...
Argh I wanted to have a as Computer-free experience as possible... I mean I knew it would need some computer-work, but pre-choosing all samples on the computer, when I have a hardware-sampler seems counterintuitive Sad

Cade wrote:

2p) and 5) yes. Info in this thread --> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=97993 may help

cool thanks! I will try all these things Smile
lqlwle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2s Sample / Pattern Management SD-Card Reply with quote

Cade wrote:

1p) Export all the "factory preset" patterns to card (Data Utility>export all patterns), then copy the "e2spatterns.all" (I think this is what it is called) file to your computer and save it for later.

hmm so just for safety some stupid questions towards those zero-files in the other thread and in general:

If I factory-reset the device, will it recover all the factory-patterns etc no matter whether I deleted them? If yes it obviously has to have some kind of internal storage that holds all the factory-patterns and -samples, right?

At least for the samples they said in the other thread, that if one does NOT insert a sd-card with a empty/different sample-bank, the Electribe loads the factory-samples. Is it behaving the same with the patterns?
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a PC user you'll be able to take full advantage of the Sample editor developed by Brakio: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101780&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It has been since updated to work with the latest ES2 update and has a lot of sample editing features.

This one: http://www.appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/ was developed by Spleen. Though it does not have all the features of Brakio's, it is quite stable and the best solution for MAC users. Before the Brakio editor I relied on Spleen's PC version, heavily.

For sample editing for the ES2 Spleen and Brakio have the two top editors!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
_INTER_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should also be working on MAC, if you learn how to build from sources with Python. Not so difficult really:

- Download Python 3.5.2 or newer: https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/
- Make sure it installs "pip" aswell, its a package manager. if it doesn't you need to install it. Google how it works. You can check if it works by typing
Code:
pip --version
in the terminal / console and it response with the version number.
- Type in console / terminal:
Code:
pip install pyaudio
. It will install that required package
- Download Oe2sSLE zip: https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE and unzip it somewhere
- Navigate to the directory you unzipped it in console / terminal.
Code:
cd <path_to>/Oe2sSLE

Code:
python Oe2sSLE_GUI.py

Thats it.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
It should also be working on MAC, if you learn how to build from sources with Python. Not so difficult really:

- Download Python 3.5.2 or newer: https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/
- Make sure it installs "pip" aswell, its a package manager. if it doesn't you need to install it. Google how it works. You can check if it works by typing
Code:
pip --version
in the terminal / console and it response with the version number.
Code:
pip install pyaudio
. It will install that required package
- Download Oe2sSLE zip: https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE and unzip it somewhere
- Navigate to the directory you unzipped it in console / terminal.
Code:
cd <path_to>/Oe2sSLE

Code:
python Oe2sSLE_GUI.py

Thats it.

_INTER_ is speaking about Brakio's Editor: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101780&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Yes, for those who are program savvy (not all of us electronic musicians are), you can set up the editor to work on MAC.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
lqlwle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thanks for the explanation!
I will definitely try that. Sounds very do-able. I am not afraid of the console and a bit of python Smile

Looking very much forward to it.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for Mac Users!

Brakio will start work on a Mac version of is awesome sample editor:

Brakio wrote:
Another, news is that I now have a mac, an so I'll be able to produce mac release in a near future.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101780&start=60
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
lqlwle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to compile the python-file myself. Sadly there is a syntax-error somewhere in the code that throws an error and doesn't let me compile.

I double-checked the file and line in the editor and just installed a linter (inline error finder) for python (since I have no clue of python) and it also finds an error in the exact same line.

I already opened an issue on github. Sad, was really looking forwards to the editor today :-/
_INTER_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you install Python 3? What's your OS?
lqlwle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I installed python 3... but apparently didn't use it to compile it. I had to use "python3" as a compiling-command instead of "python"...
got it to work now Smile
lqlwle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now it doesnt work because it loads forever Sad
There was already an open issue on github, so I probably just have to wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: