Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Nautilus Operating System Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Future Nautilus Operating System Updates Reply with quote

Hi all!

With the Kronos we saw around five years of solid firmware updates addressing things like user virtual memory sample libraries and USB peripherals. Between Kronos OS 1 and the last incarnation of v3.0 I think there was quite a lot of development. At that stage development slowed dramatically and flew only saw a handful of bug fixes.

Given that the Nautilus has very similar processing capability, IO and RAM constraints I wonder if we will see as much development for the Nautilus as we did for the Kronos. And if new features do come out, I wonder if they will reinvigorate Kronos development?

Just hypotheticals, but I’d be keen to hear other people’s thoughts Smile
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we have already received an upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 which fixed several issues. I think only time will tell for future developments.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
lmatonement

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Future Nautilus Operating System Updates Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Hi all!

With the Kronos we saw around five years of solid firmware updates addressing things like user virtual memory sample libraries and USB peripherals. Between Kronos OS 1 and the last incarnation of v3.0 I think there was quite a lot of development. At that stage development slowed dramatically and flew only saw a handful of bug fixes.

Given that the Nautilus has very similar processing capability, IO and RAM constraints I wonder if we will see as much development for the Nautilus as we did for the Kronos. And if new features do come out, I wonder if they will reinvigorate Kronos development?

Just hypotheticals, but I’d be keen to hear other people’s thoughts Smile

I'm super-new round here, so this is just spitballing, but from what I understand -- namely that Korg Nautilus takes much of its "DNA" from Korg Kronos -- and according to your report of Korg Kronos development slowing significantly, I wouldn't expect much from Korg Nautilus develpoment. I don't think of the Nautilus as a new product, but a repackaging of an old product. The bug fixes that went into Kronos should already be present in Nautilus, so I don't expect a need for future development.

Now then, as a professional software developer, I would love to have a way to adjust the software myself Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: