Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assign damper to layer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
downtownpaulyp

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Assign damper to layer Reply with quote

Brand new Nautilus 73 owner here, but given that Nautilus is based on the Kronos OS, then Kronos owners are welcome to chime in.

Is it possible to assign the damper pedal to work on only one layer in a program, or do I need to create a combi instead?

I'd like the damper pedal to only sustain 1 layer, so the 2nd layer doesn't get muddy such as piano + string patches.
lmatonement

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Assign damper to layer Reply with quote

downtownpaulyp wrote:
Brand new Nautilus 73 owner here, but given that Nautilus is based on the Kronos OS, then Kronos owners are welcome to chime in.

Is it possible to assign the damper pedal to work on only one layer in a program, or do I need to create a combi instead?

I'd like the damper pedal to only sustain 1 layer, so the 2nd layer doesn't get muddy such as piano + string patches.

I have this working in a Bass/Electric Piano split in a combination, but I'll try to remember to look for a split program solution, too.

It's something of a mind trip to use the sustain pedal with this only-EP-sustain. I find myself short-changing the bass notes subconsciously thinking they will sustain because the pedal is down Confused
lmatonement

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Assign damper to layer Reply with quote

downtownpaulyp wrote:

I'm a pretty new Nautilus 88 owner Smile. I just checked on my keyboard and I couldn't find anything to make the damper only apply to one of the two instruments in a program.

The Operation Guide says

Operation Guide wrote:

Damper and MIDI
The Damper Pedal is sent and received as MIDI CC #64. In COMBINATION and SEQUENCER modes, you can “filter” CC# 64 so that it only affects some of the sounds in the Combi or Song.

The "MIDI filter settings" screen (see page 66 of the Operation Guide) is only available in combination mode.
lmatonement

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Possible Solution in Split Keyboard? Reply with quote

downtownpaulyp wrote:

Page 11 of the Parameter Guide (in the Program Quick Split section) says:

Parameter Guide wrote:

Note: When using Quick Split, the damper pedal is set to be enabled for the main Program but disabled for the lower (upper) Program. For more information, see “MIDI Filter” on page 12.

I'm not sure if this could be used to help you...probably not: you're probably still looking at moving to a combination. Good luck.
polux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Possible Solution in Split Keyboard? Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure if this could be used to help you...probably not: you're probably still looking at moving to a combination. Good luck.

Yes it's a good information because you can find the parameters in " Midi Filter / Zones " and select " Midi Filter 1 " Arrow https://i.goopics.net/l7WpE.png
lmatonement

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible Solution in Split Keyboard? Reply with quote

polux wrote:

Yes it's a good information because you can find the parameters in " Midi Filter / Zones " and select " Midi Filter 1 " Arrow https://i.goopics.net/l7WpE.png

Page 12 describes how the Program keyboard split is translated to a MIDI filter in a COMBINATION, but I believe our friend, downtownpolyp, wants to do all this from a Program.
polux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I don't know if the parameter for example in exi program " Enable Half Damper " is for two sounds or only the second, i don't have a damper pedal for test.

Arrow https://i.goopics.net/3lXkW.png
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: