Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My friend just ordered the Korg Pa5x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samk323

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:24 am    Post subject: My friend just ordered the Korg Pa5x Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

My friend just ordered the Korg Pa5x (61 key) from Sweetwater. Just have to wait now, and see when it will be available to ship. I know this question probably has been asked, but can anyone confirm if it’s easy to transfer a Korg Pa4x set, to the Pa5x? He’s never had a Pa arranger before, has a Korg Kronos 2, and a Yamaha A5000. This will be his first Korg arranger keyboard.

My other friend, and others have a Korg Pa4x so finding the set is not a problem. I have a Korg Kronos 2 as well, and a Korg Pa1000.

Thank you!
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: My friend just ordered the Korg Pa5x Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
can anyone confirm if it’s easy to transfer a Korg Pa4x set, to the Pa5x? He’s never had a Pa arranger before, has a Korg Kronos 2, and a Yamaha A5000. This will be his first Korg arranger keyboard.

The process is pretty straightforward - requires about 90 minutes to transfer the factory set as the files have to convert internally. There was a "gotcha" at one point if I remember where I wasn't sure what to do based on the Operating Manual - (If I remember correctly I had to hit Exit after naming the file and location which wasn't self explanatory)

All of that said - if he doesn't own a 4x now, what are you trying to convert? I haven't seen much missing from the Styles from the 4x to the 5x. I have converted mine just in case, but haven't gone to them yet.

Songbook on the other hand is something to keep, but those files will not convert anyway as of yet.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procedure of transfering data from p4x is very easy.
Depending on SET size it may be time consuming.
In different subjects you can find information about problems with data transfer (the process couldn't have been finished)
After transferred there was no migrated data
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: