Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an engine reset button/menu in wavestate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadWombat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: Is there an engine reset button/menu in wavestate? Reply with quote

One thing I found while playing with wavestate is that it is very easy to get it into a state where it keeps playing a sound and there seems to be no way to stop it.

Some gear I own has a panic button that will stop all sounds. Like double tapping "stop" on an MPC or "shift + home" on Hydrasynth.

In the Wavestate manual, all I can find is a MIDI CC I can send to do "All Notes Off". Is there a button combination or a menu option somewhere that would stop all the current notes?

For the reference, the easiest way I found to make Wavestate freeze notes goes like this
1. Pick a performance with a sustained sound (anything that will play as long as you hold the keys)
2. Press shift-arpeggiator to switch performance hold mode on
3. Play a note and let go. The note continues playing.
4. Press performance and turn the value knob to select a different performance. Hit enter.
5. The sound from the previous performance is still playing and now there is no way to stop it. You can go back to the other performance, but the performance hold is now off. Turning it on and off again doesn't do anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: