Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X76 Hard Disc Drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject: Pa4X76 Hard Disc Drive Reply with quote

I have never used the “HD” disk on my Pa4X76, everything has always been on “Korg Disc” or USB. Seems a bit of a waste so I have formatted it today and created a .SET folder. (my songbook.SET). How do I start a new Songbook in this folder please ? First by say copying a select few from Songbook on “korg Disc”.

I have started to read “Folder and File Management” in the manual but if someone could start me off please that would be great and a bit quicker.

Thanks
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Firstly, do not create a folder with a ".SET" extension name - the pa4x creates these automatically.

So to save your SONGBOOK (assuming you don't want to save anything else like sounds and styles etc...) just perform a SAVE ALL ( new set) in MEDIA mode and you will get to a screen which asks you what you want to save - so untick everything except SONGBOOK (page 971). Make sure you select the HD drive.

Follow the instructions starting on page 969 and you'll be fine...

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
taichi

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked fine Pete, HD drive up and running for the first time. Added some good Midi Files today to convert to styles later. Then save as songs.

Korg Pa4x, 1000 and 700 are by far the best arrangers out there at the moment. And still so much to learn about them.

Thanks
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="taichi"]That worked fine Pete, HD drive up and running for the first time. Added some good Midi Files today to convert to styles later. Then save as songs.

Korg Pa4x, 1000 and 700 are by far the best arrangers out there at the moment. And still so much to learn about them.

Thanks[/quote]

I absolutely agree with you . I have had mine for around 4 years now (pa4x) and it is just wonderful .

I haven’t explored more than 50% of its capabilities but as an arranger/workstation/sampler / performance tool it just can’t be beat .
taichi

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth

The 4X really is a fabulous bit of kit. It amazes me as much now as when I got it home and switched it on for the first time. I was knocked out by the sound. Since then I have built a studio around it to enhance the sound but the biggest breakthrough came when I started to edit my songs. The edit function on 4X takes it to a whole new level. Just fabulous.

My 4X and 1000 are static now, the 700 is the one that I throw in the car and go. That`s why I bought it. 700 is a great keyboard with all of the editing features and midi to style conversion that the 4X has.

Like I said Worth the Pa 4X, 1000 and 700 are the best arrangers out there at the moment. Glad that you feel the same.

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: