Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXs 116 Power Brass not loading properly Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocknrolldog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject: EXs 116 Power Brass not loading properly Help Reply with quote

I have a Kronos 2 and have successfully loaded EXs 11 Legendary Strings and the Kapro Symphonic Dream 4 Bundle 39,45,46,47 and everything works and sounds great. I was able to load those programs into their default- program, combi and wave sequence banks.
The EXs 116 Power Brass library uses the “G” banks program so I chose program bank “EE” (HD-1) and it loaded there but I am hearing strings mixed with it.
I tried another library EXs 103 Celtic pipes also defaults to User “G” so moved to new bank- program seems to work but Combi doesn’t also sounds like strings.
What am I missing? Please anybody have same outcome?
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of the issues many have with the Kronos - its organizing of banks. The solution is not a on-liner but please search the forum.

Maybe someone else has a link to the correct threads ready?

There's a tool, PCGTools, with wich you can sort all the programs and banks offline. However links to Combis were destroyed when i used it, and also wave sequences are not moved along when changing banks...

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: EXs 116 Power Brass not loading properly Help Reply with quote

Rocknrolldog wrote:
I have a Kronos 2 and have successfully loaded EXs 11 Legendary Strings and the Kapro Symphonic Dream 4 Bundle 39,45,46,47 and everything works and sounds great. I was able to load those programs into their default- program, combi and wave sequence banks.
The EXs 116 Power Brass library uses the “G” banks program so I chose program bank “EE” (HD-1) and it loaded there but I am hearing strings mixed with it.
I tried another library EXs 103 Celtic pipes also defaults to User “G” so moved to new bank- program seems to work but Combi doesn’t also sounds like strings.
What am I missing? Please anybody have same outcome?

I'm not sure what data you moved ? How to moved ?
If the Brass EXs 116 contain Wave Sequence you have to change the WS banks as well. Perhaps the Strings and Brass use the same WS bank. Please check.
Rocknrolldog

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject: EXs 116 major issues Reply with quote

Thanks Forest I am downloading The Korg Editor and Kronos. Xfactory I don’t have a PC - strictly on Mac.

Thanks Dan- yes I have loaded Power Brass into a different unoccupied Wave Sequence bank when installing but didn’t see a feature to tell The Kronos to look for it there. The default in Wave Sequence was U-F00-U-F08 which was fine. Then called for U-G00 thru U-G031 so I loaded them in “AA” Bank instead. Not sure if I’m hearing a combo of Power Brass and Legendary strings or Power Brass and The Symphonic Dream Bundle 39,45,46,47. Seem to affect programs when listening to sounds in categories. Probably should reload back up to factory state re add Legendary Strings and Symphonic bundle in their unoccupied default positions and save that as a new option of back-up. Then load power brass when I have the Kronos Editor up maybe? Or is Kronos . Xfactory better to sort things out properly?
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look in the PDF call VNL, it's the voice name list. There it shows that there are wavesequences loaded in bank U-F (000 to 012) by default.
Various round robin staccato strings and cello...
You will have overwritten them.
Afaik you could reload them when you look for it in the original PCG file or somewhere where it's stored. Am not 100% sure now, maybe others have an idea.

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Rocknrolldog

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject: Power Brass issues Reply with quote

Ohhhhh- did not know that 🤔 I will change that when I reload backup see if that works . Thanks Forest !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: