Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharing two EXs sound PCG’s on same bank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocknrolldog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject: Sharing two EXs sound PCG’s on same bank Reply with quote

I have a Kronos 2 and quickly running out of Program Banks to load the PCG’s into. Can I load for instance EXS 175 Accordian and EXs103 Celtic Pipes PCG’s into the same program bank ( HD-1 )? These are very small programs so wasting a whole bank seems wasteful. If sharing works how would I start the PCG of the second library right after the last number of the first library?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to load WHOLE BANKS and can load programs to wherever you want. In disk mode>Load choose a Program then open it you should see each program within file. You should be able to actually highlight a program and play it on your keyboard. I was just doing this a few minutes ago and I move programs around like this all the time and create my "FAVORITE" banks full of programs of my choosing.
Just make sure the EXS are set to virtual.
Hope this helps.
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocknrolldog, rpowell01 is right.

With respect, I did explain the same thing in one of your earlier posts too. You do seem to be having a lot of issues around the basics of loading the sounds, which I understand - it's not that intuitive when you're doing it the first time. But I'd suggest really taking a little time out to learn the procedure.
Rocknrolldog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: New EXs Librarys Reply with quote

Thanks again for your patients. Yes Pete and Rpowell Im still learning whats on all the banks of what I have and what I am buying in addition. Once I hear and register everything I can tidy up the installed programs banks maybe free up some banks. Que Robinez has a great video on sharing a alternative (non default)bank with multiple programs which is what I was looking to try to do. wasnt sure of how to start at the next init slot available instead of rewriting the whole bank. so that solved that problem.
Im having trouble getting the combis to work when loading in alternative bank locations. The global bank reference doesnt do the trick so looking into Korg editor or xfactory to see if I can correct what ever needs to point to the new combi bank.
As for new librarys since all banks are full I guess I can overwrite a bank to check new library "full Bank" to test it out then revert back to original sounds if wanted. Since the Ksc's and PCG's are on the SSD drive and all loaded programs are running Virtual i have them all available to audition.
If anybody can reply about the newer version of Korg Editor or the Xfactory editor to get the combis that would be great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: