Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh no. that guy again...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject: Oh no. that guy again...? Reply with quote

Yes, more questions.
I had a Kronos OG 61 with 4 gig RAM and 2 internal SATA drives.
I had all my libraries installed and everything was tweaked to my satisfaction, especially all my tones, combis, autoload KSCs, everything.

Then, while trying to help a friend fix his unit's screen (I have swapped 4 M3 screens across 2 units, I figured it'd be cake), s**t went wrong. Anyway, he moved on for now and got a Nautilus (poor guy), and I broke my own Kronos just doing some exploring to figure stuff out for him - In turn I f'ed up my own Kronos. So I decided I'd replace it and got a KronosX 61 from Keyboard Kountry in OR.

My question (this time) is: Can I simply just take the 2 SATA drives from my OG and directly put them into the Kronos X - replacing the drive it came with? Both have the same v 3.14 and I'm getting the RAM amounts to match (thanks KK). I realize I'll need to change the ID number for my libraries (already problematic, I'll go there later after I bug Korg and a vendor or two).

That's all for now. I'm actually 85% satisfied with things as they are and have great FEAR opening my K again. Perhaps I'll just live with it...but I forgot a lot of stuff about the default PCGs, etc. that auto-load, etc, so it's back to the manuals and youtube.

Thanks again!!!
Eric
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having to mess around with my own hard drives, here's what I would do:

1 - leave the original drive in place OR replace with one of yours, but factory restore FROM THE KRONOS-X RESTORE DVDs
2 - add one of your SSDs as a 2nd drive.
3 - just load up your PCG from your original Kronos and copy your KSC and EXs files and folders over to the new system.

I'm not sure, but I think there is a specific difference in a firmware and subsystem firmware between the OG Kronos and the KronosX. Replacing the SSD with a different model Kronos install could bork your system. After dealing with ongoing crashes and then having to reinstall the OS from the DVD, I was surprised how easy it was to put all my stuff back on, the only thing I really lost was my Sequencer templates (easily replaceable). I just plugged the SSD into my PC via USB-SATA adaptor, and copied everything over to the fresh drive using ethernet. PCG data has almost everything, I just had to re-add my EXs and KSC files into autoload and I was good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: