Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Forums Redesign.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I'll leave things as they are right now. I'm very happy with the theme of the webpages. I may just change the font, but that's about it really.

The forum I'll leave as is this time around.

Thanks for all your input.

Regards
Sharp.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

While we could have got round it easily enough, as a general rule, if I come across a site I find hard to read due to colours, I don't give it a second look, presuming I'm not alone, new members could have got put off.

thanks again

Joe
sohatyi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I put my software engineer hat on and probably get flamed to hell and back Wink I mention these only because you may suffer compatibility and/or rendering issues across browsers due to the below points.

As much as I love this forum and appreciate (I really do) the time people have put into it, please don't use frames... They're deprecated as a feature (i.e. do not appear in HTML5, XHTML1.1 strict doesn't allow them) and they generally mess with browsers and date your site. You will find that over time, people will struggle to view the site as the deprecation becomes removal of the feature.

Also, the homepage doesn't have a doctype declaration, meaning it's technically not valid HTML, this could cause you some wacky rendering issues on certain browsers.

Font is also deprecated, consider using CSS instead, it'll save you a lot of markup and make the page cleaner.

END PEDANTRY
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... Your a hard crowd to please.
Frames are bad, no frames is given as an option and that's still not good enough.

When given the option to select different themes in your profile, it's still not good enough because it's too much bother for some to login Laughing

There's no pleasing some people that's for sure. Wink

Regards
Sharp.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the forums in pink please with dancing ponies in the background. But I'd also like the colours to change to suit my moods. But I don't want to have to click on anything to make that happen. The forum should just be able to tell what sort of mood I'm in and change its colour accordingly. I'd also like it to make me coffee.

Thanks.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepperpotty wrote:
I'd like the forums in pink please with dancing ponies in the background. But I'd also like the colours to change to suit my moods. But I don't want to have to click on anything to make that happen. The forum should just be able to tell what sort of mood I'm in and change its colour accordingly. I'd also like it to make me coffee.

Thanks.

Please keep the skin calm ... I want to read it at my work too and with pink/dancing items I probably will skip reading it during daytimes.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Pepperpotty wrote:

Thanks.

Please keep the skin calm ... I want to read it at my work too and with pink/dancing items I probably will skip reading it during daytimes.

Please Google "Tongue in cheek" Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There's no pleasing some people that's for sure."

really? yeh just ask Korg. Laughing

While I like pink and purple, and drink lots of coffee................

I like black font, so when I copy it into Word, I don't have to change font color.

I routinely Copy and print the good posts for my manual in a binder series.

What ever you decide, I'll still be there. Very Happy

Great work Sharp

PS. Frames are like 16 bar intros, some song need them, some don't
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A free EXs with everytime we log on..... Is this too much to ask?
Yeah, we deserve it...somehow!

If you don't have enough captial...Rich Formidoni can loan the money. Rolling Eyes
necroscope

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be the guy who says: It looks good! Nice work!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sharp,

I do like the new design but I have to say what I said before which is that especially with the menu frame at the top, it is important to maximise reading space so really it needs to be as thin as possible. You could easily trim 20 to 50% off the menu frame and it would make the site more readable..

Also instead of a frame you could integrate it with the various themes, but that's not so important.. Perhaps there are also other methods to include one page within another (aside from php 'include'), but my HTML is a little rusty..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi X-Trade.

There are no frames at all in the entire design except for when someone selects the option to view the discussion forum with the website menu over it.

If they choose this option, the menu already does reduce in size by at least 70%. If they don't select this option, the the forum loads without frames and without any link back to the main website.

The only advantage of embedding the menuinto the php of the forum would be that the menu would scroll when someone is using the forum pages, rather than staying always on your display at the top.

It's something I can certainly look at doing for sure. It's a good option.

Regards
Sharp.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on the forum view that I am talking about. IMO on widescreen devices like the iPad (actually it scrolls here rather than staying fixed, in the latest iOS), the menu banner is still taking up too much screen space.

I do actually really like it there but it could be a lot smaller.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ya... ok, that's no problem. I can make it very thin.

Thanks for that.

Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: