Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ron Geraerts is (still) active
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
Well, he's struck again. I was asking him about the sounds via the Facebook group, noticed Organimation and several other paid libraries in his list of selling stuff. I simply questioned him about it, and he yells at me (all caps, let's call it yelling) and then promptly deletes me from the group, blocks me on facebook.

That's all fine and good.

Then today I get this email from him. There is *no* editing whatsoever. This is exactly what he wrote to me.

Quote:
Subject:
Revenge

Email:
jos.aarts@yahoo.com

Message Body:
Who the f*ck do you think you are you sad stupid big Ego tripper. !!. you [tried] to hack our Facebook group account gor the second time . without have any single proof that we would have any of yours cheap sounding kronos sound set files creations . and as i said before all self made by a hand full serieus synth players friends of our groups, !! So now we have enough of your hakings so you can be sure you will regret these actions , we do have many of youre ceap sounding kronos files and from now on we will make from your complete as all the on your web site kronos and other files we will make a all in -TORRENT- Free for download files link and distribute all over our networks - Secret group Pages that you can not acces on. all over the internet so that will cost you lots of money , Also we will go let you look as a big scam So same as you try to do on our FB group. even without having any PROOF THAT WE DO ANY WRONG.!! and even did try to download our hard work SELF MADE sound sets files so that you could sell these files on your way to expensiv cheap sound files on that web page. so now we go let you learn a lesson . never Judge and attack people when you can and have non single proof on wat you acuse people of this is a typical -YANKEE- behavior thinking they own the hole world and can distroi others weigh !!. So lets see if you are a REAL man, ?? and if you will reply on this all ?? if not , we promise you we will take revenge and you will regret your YANKEE actions, !!

Firstly, I have no idea what he's on about. He blocked and deleted me, not the other way around.

Secondly, (And no offense to US folks) I'm no YANKEE.

Thirdly, I never said anything about my sounds being among his sounds that he was selling. I simply asked "Isn't this a paid library already?" - Never said anything about my stuff being in there.

Finally, He's going to download all of my sounds and then spread them via torrent and he's readily admitting it via email?

I'm not exactly concerned, but it's more of a thorn in my side. I anticipate he's going to try something against me and my site. I don't know what, but whatever it is, I plan on laughing heartily at it for the most part.

I did reply but it was along the lines of "I have no idea what you're talking about".

Whatever.

So his basic attack is that you have allegedly accused him of having your horrible nasty sound sets, which are so bad he could never possibly even consider having them. and so which he most emphatically does not have, and you do not have proof (shame on you, you dirty hacker Wink ) but he does actually have these horrible nasty sound sets because he is going to give them all away free on a torrent to ruin you. They have done nothing wrong, but, by damn, they are going to torrent your really shitty sounds because it is all your fault that they have done nothing wrong? Or something like that

What a t**t.

Michel is right to report the issue, but I doubt it will get anywhere. My experience on EX5Tech on reporting ripped off stuff to eBAY never yielded any results It was "only free stuff" (so must have been really terrible) but we took umbrage at people trying to sell and which was still freely available.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
NormC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/Studio-Ron-Music-productions-sound-design-467892379893927/

Another page he created.

His youtube page:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ronmotif/featured

Last edited by NormC on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago, I was relieved of $1,100 USD from a scammer on the reputable site Audiogon.

Audiogon is the ebay of high-end audio equipment. It works the same way: a user can build a reputation based on past transactions with others. You can find 6 figures audio equipment.

Some of these guys will spend years building false user profiles, building up positive reputation, and then scam hundreds of people for the same item.

But I was careless, I did send a bank draft. Now I know better.

Like they say: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also live in Canada and believe me, if anyone would send me threats online like this, I would happily report him to the RCMP. Those guys will do what is needed.

I do the same whenever I receive a scam which involves banking info or security. I report the scam both to the bank and to the RCMP (they have a report link for these things on their site). I don't know what happens afterwards, but I will be very pleased even if I never know about it later, that I helped them find or arrest some scammer or fraud person. Cool
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/Studio-Ron-Music-productions-sound-design-467892379893927/

Another page he created.

His youtube page:

Hahaha his FB post about a "cremation song" is hilarious!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
NormC wrote:

Another page he created.

His youtube page:

Hahaha his FB post about a "cremation song" is hilarious!

I am not sure that is even worth my " you tube history '.

Someone having a melt down is not that interesting, IMO
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Also if you want I can add your message to the police file against him (or at least inform the police). Do not expect too much from the results though.

If you want to, by all means. You're probably right that nothing at all can be done about it, but these are the kinds of people that also troll youtube and file copyright claims when they shouldn't, or are patent trolls, etc.

This is an example of why the human race can't have nice things.

Probably I don't take the effort, in the Netherlands the police is already highly overwhelmed with work so they probably cannot do that much anyway without clear proof.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After not having heard of Ron Geraerts for some time, I checked a bit around on internet, and after talking to a relative, I can confirm he died about two years ago.

Although there was some ' discussion' between him, others and me, I will ask the operator to remove this thread out of respect for his family and other friends.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: