Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

analog input - FIXED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: analog input - FIXED! Reply with quote

Hello,

I received my TEX88 today (used). I tried plugging in microphone (input 1) and did all settings according to instructions : Global -> Input/sampling -> set inputs to analog, and set proper level for Input1, set BUS(IFX/Indiv) to L/R. I get absolutely no signal (not even a noise). I have a suspiction that something's wrong with input setting on the rear - MIC/LINE switch seems is functioning correctly but the level knob was pushed inside so it was very hard to move. After I maganed to move it finally, it jumped out slightly and now it is moving quite easily but with no MIN/MAX limits and still no audible effect; if I push it slightly, I get MIN/MAX limits but still no effect. Could someone tell me how should the level knob should look like in working unit?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Krzysiek

Last edited by KrzysiekK on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
bquarrie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

By the sounds of this it's not just the knob that's broken but also the circuit connected to it. You need to get it serviced asap.

On a working unit the knob would stop turning when you've reached the max or min volume. It doesn't gets pressed in, either...

My Music webpage:

www.soundclick.com/bryanqproductions
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bquarrie wrote:
Hi.
By the sounds of this it's not just the knob that's broken but also the circuit connected to it. You need to get it serviced asap.

Thanks, I will pass it to repair.

Best regards,
Krzysiek
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I send the unit to repair, I want to look inside myself to check analog inputs. Is there any instruction on TEX88 disassembly?

One more question - assuming analog inputs are working OK and external source (MIC) is connected, in PROGRAM -> P0 -> Sampling there is "Recording Level [dB]" view. Should I see activity of these levels as soon as I set Input to "Analog" and set level to 127 or there is something more required?

Thanks

Best regards,
Krzysiek
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analog inputs now are working. That was Alps 10k double potentiometer which was damaged - 2 pins came off the cover of potentiometer, most probably because of hitting it from outside; happily the contacts were recoverable by soldering. Btw. Korg could place the potentiometer in safer place.

Best regards,
Krzysiek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: