Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

x-50 power connector. Grrrrrr!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zukskywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: x-50 power connector. Grrrrrr! Reply with quote

Ok so it almost finally happened. The sax player was walking past my x50 and bumped into the protruding power plug on the back of the keyboard and almost snapped it off.
That does it, I'm fixing this thing. I am getting a 90 degree adapter and will make it fit snug up against the board so that I no longer have this lever hanging off the back.
(All the other connections are toward the center of the backplane and are a lot less vulnerable)

Is it just me or does anybody else notice that the power plug sticks out and doesn't seem to fully insert?

Korg?
jm302music

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Cheap power connector Reply with quote

Greetings, Zuk!

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. I've just been keeping my fingers crossed, hoping I never run into an issue like you mentioned.

What did you finally wind up doing about your connector?

Joel the 80s Guy
logix7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zuk and Jm

And yeah I've noticed the same thing, it was the first thing I noticed when I got the keyboard home after buying it.. it's almost as though its not even the right adapter and just feels like it should click in further.. and it's not very snug at all.

Thats a good idea to get an l-shaped

Supprised that actually passed the QC
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an M50 and used to use it for gigs. It also has a small power plug but never got into any problems.

It happened one time with a Kawai K4 very long ago. It was even that bad that not the power plug snapped, but the plug inside the synth itself was broken. I changed it into a jack plug (bit strange kind for a power plug but it worked).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logix7 wrote:
it was the first thing I noticed when I got the keyboard home after buying it.. it's almost as though its not even the right adapter and just feels like it should click in further.. and it's not very snug at all.

This is my biggest gripe with the MicroX as well. Fortunately I don't gig with it and likely never will.

Mad
zukskywalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kluged together a 90 degree adapter for now. A bit of soldering and some shrink wrap around the pins of the adapter. Still looking for a solid one piece solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: