Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS 1.1 to OS 1.3.3 Update Puzzle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dean33

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: OS 1.1 to OS 1.3.3 Update Puzzle Reply with quote

Hi There,

I've just updated my Oasys from OS 1.1 to OS 1.3.3.

My Plug-in Info page indicates that LAC-1 and MOD-7 are installed as Demo, but USER Banks C & D are empty (Init programs only), and I can't find a MOD-7.PCG or LAC-1.PCG file anywhere in the Factory folder.

I feel like I'm probably missing something really simple here, but it's like they're just not there. Any thoughts on how to locate and access these PCG's would sure be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dean,
welcome to Korg Forums! Smile
Well the Programs should be loaded. I have mine in like User F and I think User C. If you can't find them go to Disk Mode and select FACTORY file open it and thats where all the original PCG and preloaded stuff are.
hope this helps! Smile

pruavida
dj
dean33

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DJ,

I’ve already looked through my Factory folder from one end to the other, but to no avail. For the record, it contains:

PRELOAD Dated 10/01/2006
PRELOAD.KSC Dated 10/01/2006
PRELOAD.PCG Dated 17/03/2009
PRELOAD.SNG Dated 10/01/2006
PRELOA_A Dated 10/01/2006

PRELOAD.PCG is the only “new” folder and it only shows the Internal Banks and USER BANKS A, E and F in it’s Programs folder (ie – nothing for LAC-1 or MOD-7).

I’ve opened all of the above folders until there’s nothing else left to open. There are no PCG’s on the drive except the PRELOAD.PCG mentioned above.
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay amigo heres what you do. Select by category and go to Lead(or could be Fast) Synth's. Go all the way too the end and look for a synth called Nu Break.
now look at what bank its in...and thats where all the others will be.
that should do it!

good luck! Wink

puravida
dj
Strider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: OS 1.1 to OS 1.3.3 Update Puzzle Reply with quote

dean33 wrote:
Hi There,

I've just updated my Oasys from OS 1.1 to OS 1.3.3.

My Plug-in Info page indicates that LAC-1 and MOD-7 are installed as Demo, but USER Banks C & D are empty (Init programs only), and I can't find a MOD-7.PCG or LAC-1.PCG file anywhere in the Factory folder.

I feel like I'm probably missing something really simple here, but it's like they're just not there. Any thoughts on how to locate and access these PCG's would sure be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Recently, I purchased a used Oasys and updated from OS 1.2.3 to 1.3.3. I downloaded the 1.3.3 upgrade from the korguser.net site. After the upgrade, I found that the MOD-7 demo was installed, but there were no programs for it and no corresponding PCG file in the "Factory" directory.

A few days later, Korg sent the 1.3.1 discs (at my request). The PCG files for LAC-1 and MOD-7 were on CD #1 of the set. I copied the PCG files to the Factory directory (no OS regression!), loaded them up, and now all is as it should be.

I can only conclude that the MOD-7.PCG file is not included in the 1.3.3 update downloadable from korguser.net. If you jump the 1.3.1 update, perhaps you don't get the PCG files. That was my experience.

FWIW, I think the EXs3 installer on korguser.net includes PCG files for LAC-1, MOD-7, and EXs3. I could be wrong, but that seems to have been the case when I downloaded and installed it.

Hope this information is of some help to you.
dean33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and info.

Ultimate DJ – Sorry, that’s a No Go.

Jim Strider – You’ve described my own experience thus far to a tee. I’ve already installed the 2 extra MOD-7 Banks and the Richard Devine LAC-1 Bank to the Oasys HDD and they load and play as they should, albeit in Demo mode, so I know the OS 1.3.3 update is fine.

I’ll download the EXs3 installer and get the original LAC-1 and MOD-7 PCG’s that way. I wasn’t going to download EXs3 at this time, as I have months of exploration and learning curve ahead of me already, but now I have a good reason to do so.

Thanks once again to everyone. Hopefully, this will do it.
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dean33 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and info.

Ultimate DJ – Sorry, that’s a No Go.

meaning? Like why not? Does Nu Break not exist in your Board? or...?

Hope downloading that fixes it for you! Smile

puravida
dj
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that doesn't work, I'm sure one of us can just upload a PCG file.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that the 1.3.3 update did not include the new PCG files. We're looking into this now; in the meantime, I've sent them to dean33 directly. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
dean33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I thought perhaps it would be good put this thread to rest on a positive note. My O is now fully updated and happily doing what it does best. This thing just keeps blowing me away, and I don’t expect the romance to end any time soon.

Many thanks to Dan, whose little bag of PCG potions has cured all of my ills. I think I’m gonna make it now!

Thanks to everyone else who posted as well, and a great weekend to all.

Regards,
Dean
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dean33 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I thought perhaps it would be good put this thread to rest on a positive note. My O is now fully updated and happily doing what it does best. This thing just keeps blowing me away, and I don’t expect the romance to end any time soon.

Many thanks to Dan, whose little bag of PCG potions has cured all of my ills. I think I’m gonna make it now!

Thanks to everyone else who posted as well, and a great weekend to all.

Regards,
Dean

Great to hear mate! Very Happy Great to hear!!! Cool

btw you rock Dan!!! Very Happy

puravida
dj
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I have not yet loaded the 1.3.3 download and am still on 1.3.1. Will I have a similar problem?

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: